Best Strobe for Olympus PEN E-PL1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkotovsky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has an Olympus PEN E-PL1 with an underwater housing PT-EP01 and a single Sea & Sea YS-27DX strobe and strobe arm. I would like to buy her an upgrade strobe for her birthday. Questions:
  • What is the recommended single strobe for her camera?
  • Can the YS-27DX be used as a secondary (slave) strobe or is it better to buy 2 new strobes? If 2 new strobes, what is recommended?
  • If we replace the YS-27DX, what do you do with the old strobe?
Thanks!

I found your question because I just received the housing to take my Olympus epl1 underwater and, like your wife, also have a sea and sea ys-27dx. I would like to ask you a question: Have you had any problems syncing the flash to the actual shot? I have been "practicing" on dry land trying to dial in the settings and don't seem to be able to get the flash timing right - nor do I know how to adjust it - and the pictures are coming out almost black when the flash fires, but otherwise normal without the strobe.

Have you encountered this issue? if so, how did you resolve it?

Back
Top Bottom