Best Way to Buy a Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there is any way possible, visit a dive shop in person that sells the brand(s) you are interested in. Buying on-line can work out well, or it can work out like it did for me: months of headache trying to get the problem corrected when the dealer blamed the distributor or manufacturer, they blamed the dealer, and nobody took responsibility for making things right. If it's a custom suit, ask to see a copy of the actual order that the dealer sends to the manufacturer, not the dealer's synopsis of it by email. Go to a dive shop that will make things right in the event there is a problem. Discuss and view the options/accessories available, try things on, etc. Make sure you know what you are getting.

Thanks again for everyone's input. I've been doing my homework; don't have it 100% sorted out but getting close; leaning toward a Waterproof D1; need to see what follow-up questions I have and definitely want to try on but it could be the one.

Try multiple suits on. The only true way to know exactly how a version feels. Sizing is everything.

You may have already decided on the D1, which is a great suit. Friend just got it and enjoys it. He was not to Crazy about having to add several lbs weight because of the air cell interior, but he is plenty warm.

If you haven't decided, here is a different take. Buy a used Fusion first. They come up regularly. They are relatively cheap. As long as you don't get it small, it will definitely fit. It is comparatively flexible. Many people love it and use it all the time. Some "can't stand" getting into it. It was my first dry suit.Picked up for lots less than new. Wore it for a few years while taking my time really looking at all options. When I finally replaces it, still have it as easy fitting backup.

Spending what could be $>2k based on written reviews and comments here is a big leap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom