best wetsuits brand for slightly top heavy, athletic girls?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hoping for advice on wetsuit fits - I'm 5'4", 115 lbs, 35"-24"-33" - but very athletic (broad shoulders for my frame, actual arms). I've tried Henderson, Aqualung and Scuba Pros that fit my shoulders and chest, but all of them are too big in the hips and I get a TON of water flow, and then I get cold (went hypothermic in 80 degree water). If I size down, I can't get sleeves over my biceps or I get chest squeeze from barely being able to get them zipped. I just sold my last Henderson because it didn't stretch out enough in the chest and shoulders, (even though the sales guy swore the hyperstrech would mold to my body), after 30 dives to make it wearable.

Aside from custom (I don't have that kind of $), are their any women's suits designed for those of us who are top heavy? All the size charts I've looked at seem to cater to a more standard build but size charts don't necessarily = fit.

My wife is having the same problem as you. She is athletic and tiny. We are going to have to go custom with her.

I'd say go custom...it's not that much more than a quality off the shelf wetsuit anyway, and you'll be sooooo much more comfortable.

My wife had the opposite issue, anything that fits her hips, is too big for her torso. She wears a custom 3mm, a custom drysuit and a marginally fitting off the shelf 5mm.

Look at Wetwear Custom Wetsuits:

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

And talk to Conny at Wetwear. Very nice and helpful. I have been working with her for the last couple of weeks. I didn't think I could afford custom either but there really isn't that much difference in the price. Since you give them about 25-30 measurements of different parts of your body you know it will fit. I have never had a wetsuit fit me very well. Mine should be here in a couple of days and I'm so excited. It will even have a pocket on the leg. (Special request.)

What thickness are you looking for?

The Scubapro Everydry4 drysuit might be worth a try.

However, custom might be the ticket.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom