Best Wilmington Operation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H3LlIoN

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone have experience with any of the crews out of Wilmington? I am planning a trip down there to visit a cousin, and I know absolutely nothing about the operations down there, or even the sites. (Although I did do a little research on fossil ledge) Anyone have a preference, with reasoning? Thanks,

ditto www.aquaticsafaris.com

They have been running charters for years (15-20 maybe?) and the most frustrating thing about them is that their boats are often full. There are quirks with every dive op, but AS consistently runs a solid charter.

I've only used Aquatic Safaris. Great bunch in my book.

I also concur, Aquatic is the only choice in Wilmington.
I tried Cape Fear once & although it was alright, nothing to brag about. I understand they are now under new management, but my wife likes Aquatic too much to give anyone else down there a 2nd chance.

Wow. Aquatic Safaris by a landslide then. Thank you all for the info.

I've also primarily used Aquatic Safaris. Great op.

However, Cape Fear Divers has a new owner and is worth a look if you're in the area (Carolina Beach).

I too would recommend Aquatics, but as mentioned their boats are often full.

I haven't dove Cape Fear Divers since the new owner took over, but I've heard from others they have made improvements.

Also nearby on Topsail is Spearit Charters which is a 6 pack. Also worth a look. I've dove off that op and only negative is no head on the boat

When are you headed down?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom