Best Zeagle reg for frequent tropical diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy0918

Reaction score
Hello,

I average 10 dives a week in very warm(30C/86F) clear water in the Marianas. Coldest I dive would be Hawaii/Okinawa(20-30C/70-86F). I only dive recreational limits on single tanks. Some dives would be to about 40m for a few minutes at most.

I currently dive a MK25/S600 that I have been using for about 6 years. Unfortunately, takes forever to have an "authorized" repair facility to service here(very high diver to technician ratio).

I am interested in Zeagle regs due to the quality reputation and access to repair kits.

Which reg would suit me best? Would Rezort(piston) perform similarly to MK25/S600 for my purposes. Other regs in the line to consider? Do the environmentally sealed ones give off bubbles like Oceanic and Sherwood?

Thank you.

From Zeagle regulator guru, Jim Fox:

Since you are a warm water diver, our Flathead-LT would give you the performance and environmental seal, and is the most apples to apples comparison to the MK25/S600 that you refer to.

In answer to the question “Do the environmentally sealed ones give off bubbles like Oceanic and Sherwood?”, the answer is no.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks. Will consider the LT.

In your post you say it has an environmental seal. However, your webpage and reviews seem to indicate that the 7 has an environmental seal, but the LT does not. Can you clarify? (I'm not sure that I would need the seal for the warm water, in any case).

I primarily use Yoke tanks. But am interested in DIN model plus yoke converter for future flexibility. Any downsides to this(other than cost)?

If I went with a yoke only model, is there a conversion kit if you know you will be traveling somewhere DIN is standard?

I'm also looking at your Razor for a pony bottle reg. Any problem with turning on at depth(example: charging then turning off at the surface)?

Fyi- second razor video on your website says "this video is private" when I click on it.

Thanks again.

---------- Post Merged at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:43 AM ----------

I read the manual. Looks like LT would be a good option for me. I'll go for yoke version to keep it light. If I need a DIN version in the future, I would consider a separate purchase of Flathead 7.

Now I need to shop around for a dealer. Looks like GMI Wholesale on Guam may be able to order it. Otherwise, I'll check online.

Thanks!

Hi Andy, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. These should cover your questions.

In your post you say it has an environmental seal. However, your webpage and reviews seem to indicate that the 7 has an environmental seal, but the LT does not. Can you clarify? (I'm not sure that I would need the seal for the warm water, in any case).

Minor typo in that post, the Flathead LT is indeed a non-sealed regulator.

I'm also looking at your Razor for a pony bottle reg. Any problem with turning on at depth(example: charging then turning off at the surface)?

No, there is mechanically no problem with turning on the RaZor at depth. We don't recommend you descending without having pressure in the hose, however. You should at least turn it on at the surface, allow the hose from the RaZor to the 2nd stage to fill with air to prevent flooding the hose with water, and then turn off the RaZor valve.

Fyi- second razor video on your website says "this video is private" when I click on it.

Thanks for the update, I'll look into that. I'm currently working on consolidating our videos into a single channel, some of our stuff is spread around to different users which creates little headaches like this.

Let me know if you have any other questions, have a good one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom