Bethany Beach/Ocean City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idratherbedivin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My family owns a beach house in Bethany Beach and I will be there during much of the summer. I haven't been able to find any dive shops or dive boats in that area. Does anyone know of any dive ops anywhere in Rehobeth, Ocean City, Dewey, or Bethany Beach?

Howdy

I've ordered on-line from a dive shop in Ocean City called Pirate Scuba. They were very helpful over the phone and I got what I paid for. You can see their site at http://www.piratescuba.com/. Beyond that...I can't say more about them.

Pook

Some boats go out of Indian River Delaware. Marina access is on the Dewey Beach side of the Inlet

My two favorite boats, Fiesta and Surface Interval, are now out of business. Hopefully someone will fill the void. It would be a short commute for you if they did.

I'd call Delaware Dive Center in Milford to see where they are going: 302-424-4312.

You might also want to poll all the local DC, Delaware and Baltimore shops to see who they are doing "Ocean City" dives through. One of these might be out of Indian River.

Please post anything you find out of Indian River.

Thanks!

Dive partner1,
Do yourself a favor and fight the traffic, offshore O.C. is far better than anything Indian river has to offer. Vis is generally better, fish more plentiful, ride out is shorter. Ted Green own the o.c.diver and has schedule and info on the web.
dive safe
Eric

waterpirate:
Dive partner1,
Do yourself a favor and fight the traffic, offshore O.C. is far better than anything Indian river has to offer. Vis is generally better, fish more plentiful, ride out is shorter. Ted Green own the o.c.diver and has schedule and info on the web.
dive safe
Eric

I like his full schedule. Some of these are the same sites the Indian River boats were diving but viz would be better farther south from the Delaware Bay effect.

Back
Top Bottom