Beuchat Aladin Pro Dive Computer Manual or Specs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I've searched on the boards here, as well as all over the net. This has got to be the hardest manual to find.

I have a Beuchat Aladin Pro dive computer that I haven't used for probably close to 10 years. The unit is immaculate. Since I don't really dive anymore, I would like to probably list it in a classifieds somewhere, or possibly eBay. But, I'd like to post some specs with it. Manual would have helped, but that's obviously not the easiest thing to get.

From another post here on the board, I just learned that this is actually a Uwatec unit, but Beuchat I guess is licensed to sell it with their name on it.

Either way... if anyone has any specs on it, and/or a link to a manual, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

As luck would have it I too have a Beuchat Aladin Pro dive computer. Several years ago I downloaded a manual but have since lost it. At this point I too am looking for a manual and I would like to know if this computer is nitrox capable. Doe anyone know?
Thanks.

I've searched on the boards here, as well as all over the net. This has got to be the hardest manual to find.

I have a Beuchat Aladin Pro dive computer that I haven't used for probably close to 10 years. The unit is immaculate. Since I don't really dive anymore, I would like to probably list it in a classifieds somewhere, or possibly eBay. But, I'd like to post some specs with it. Manual would have helped, but that's obviously not the easiest thing to get.

From another post here on the board, I just learned that this is actually a Uwatec unit, but Beuchat I guess is licensed to sell it with their name on it.

Either way... if anyone has any specs on it, and/or a link to a manual, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Do you know if the Aladin Pro Beuchat is notrox compatable?
jay

By stroke of luck, I have just been given a Beuchat Aladin Pro Dive Computer (it was my fathers, who has just hung up his fins!).
Anyway - he also gave me the illusive manual.
Give me a few days, and I'll scan it all in and upload it somewhere if anyone still needs it.
Rgds,

Jay..

I have two of them but no scanner so I won't be able to help for uploading the manual (mine is in French anyway). But here are some hints :

- No, this computer cannot handle Nitrox. It's air only. When I dive Nitrox with it (that happens though I also have a Nitrox computer) I do what it tells me to do (ie I dive Nitrox as if it was air deco-wise) and I don't mind two or three minutes of deco stops if it tells me so (provided I do only two dives a day and I have enough time at the surface between two dives, eg 2h30 or more, otherwise I stick to the no-deco rule). There is a risk of forgetting to enter the right Nitrox parameters while switching often from Nitrox to Air (it happened to me) and also analysis of the Nitrox (that I do systematically for max depth, of course) is not always accurate, so I often find it safe to keep my computer on Air/Nitrox 21 all the time
- The manufacturer doesn't produce it anymore, since 2005 or so I guess, though it's still in demand
- Its recommended maximum ascent rate varies between 20 meters per minute at 50+ meters and 6 or 7 meters per minute in shallow water (at 20 meters its ascent rate is around 10 to 12 meters per minute). It's close to Uwatec computers sold nowadays
- It's a robust computer, simple but complete with no gimmicks, with a decompression model that's proven and safe (though less overconservative than Suunto's) and those who have it usually love it though it's quite bulky. Quite a few divers here in France are looking for second hand no-nonsense Aladin Pro and are ready to pay up to 180 euros/250 US$ for it !
- It handles decompression stops by showing total remaining ascent time to the surface, and deco time for the next stop (eg 3 minutes at 6 meters)
- It's based on a Buhlmann haldanian algorithm
- It gives grossly the same NDL and deco stops than the current Aladin Prime from Uwatec (same algorithm or very similar)
- The unit has to be sent to Uwatec factory (in Switzerland for European people) for changing the battery & checking/readjusting the sensors, for an overal cost of around 80 euros (110 US$). My LDS in France takes care of that. Don't know about other countries.
- The battery is said to last for 500+ dives or 10 years (and it does it in my experience). There is an indicator of battery state incorporated in the unit (a percentage appearing on the screen when you press the wet contacts in a given way) but experience (not only mine) shows that, most of the time, battery dies suddenly when its charge is said to be around 50% by this indicator.

Hope this is clear and that you'll have the manual scanned and uploaded.

Last edited:
I have scanned the manual, and am now just arranging it in a document.
I skipped some unneccessary pages as its 77 pages long!!
Will have it uploaded somewhere very soon

I have scanned the relevant pages of the manual (I have left out some unneccessary pages).
Unfortunately, the nice document I created has become corrupt, so to avoid delay I have uploaded the pages scans to an FTP site.

You can login here:

(sorry - this forum is insisting that I make at least 5 posts before I am allowed to include a URL - annoying!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom