Beuchat Jetfin - full foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kenloon

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a pair of Beuchat Jetfin (full foot)... let me know if you are keen to sell.

Thanks!

Welcome to Scubaboard, There is a pair of Beuchat jets on the French Ebay right now you could be just lucky

I assume you mean the vent type like the Scuapro. The ones in France the Scubapro type is $78 U.S. dollars. I am sure they won't ship to the U.S.A. If they did you would pay at least $50 or more for shipping. I have an older pair pre Scuabapro. They are rare and very hard to find in the U.S.

Pictures says a thousand words BEUCHAT JETFIN.jpgBEUCHAT JETFIN.JPG2.jpgBEUCHAT JETFIN.JPG3.jpgBEUCHAT JETFIN.JPG4.jpg

Voit equipment did not have an agent in the UK !960's dived on a supply of Cressi Rondines (Blue and Black) and the odd pair of Dunlop MOD Navy from surplus shops when available. DUNLOP MOD (3).jpgDUNLOP MOD (2).jpg

Nice ! I have those Dunlops also. They are very rare over here. Are they rare in the UK also? They look alot like my black UDT Churchills. I think those are the the UK version of them. I have a book on Dunlop. It has some pics of British fogmen with dive gear. One is wearing those fins. The book is Dunlop in War and Peace by Sir Ronald Storrs 1946

The Dunlop Sports Company manufactured fins with adjustable straps for their Aquafort range of underwater swimming equipment in the late 1950s:
AquafortFins.jpg
The fins are described in one contemporary diving equipment catalogue as "double curved blade made of extremely flexible black rubber. Adjustable heel strap."

The full-foot Beuchat JetFin, of course, predated the Scubapro version, which only came in an open-heel design. Here is one example of a Beuchat JetFin:
Beuchat_Jetfin.JPG
Note the adjustable heel straps and the closed toe, which were also features of other fin models in Beuchat's range during the early 1960s, e.g. the Marseilles company's Parallèles fins:
Paralleles.jpg
To the best of my knowledge, there is only one full-foot fin model with adjustable heel straps still in production anywhere in the world:
7.jpg
This fin, which closely resembles Beuchat's JetFin in appearance except for its open toe, is manufactured in Turkey and marketed by the Free Sub diving equipment company there.
FREE-SUB Dal?? Elbiseleri ve Z?pk?nla Bal?k Av? Malzemeleri

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. On third fins down I have an early Beuchat brochure that shows those fins. I believe those were there first model. I have never seen a pair yet for sale. I have seen some like it but newer looking.

Are these the ones you mention

Picturez050.jpg

Picturez052.jpg

I just picked these two up the other day. The first is the USD "Aquatic" series made of that revolutionary new product called plastic (marketed as "Marvil plastic"). The second is either a knock off or a precursor made by Scepter out of Canada (don't know much about them). Same fish logo on the toe area though.

004.jpg
005.jpg

040.jpg
041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom