Beuchat Regs, any opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubQ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hi All,

I did a search on Beuchat but did not come up with any specifics so here goes;

my LDS is offering the following regs on sale:

VX10 Iceberg + Octo Iceberg
VX100 + Octo VX
VX80 + Octo VS

I will be diving all kinds of temperatures. Any opinions?

Cheers,
SubQ

I used to have a VX10, and loved it. However, when I moved from California (USA) to Colorado (USA) I couldn't get it serviced.

[side note] Beauchat started selling gear through a large sporting goods chain, so the LDSs boycotted 'em, and wouldn't service 'em, even though I bought 'em through an LDS.

I don't know what's popular in the Netherlands, but I think you need to consider the service issue. Is this LDS going to be around a while? Are there other shops in the area that service Beauchat? If you take 'em on vacation and something happens, will rental regs be available and an option?

I sold mine and got ScubaPro because I wanted regs with the higher likelyhood of service availability.

Having said all that, I think they're great regs, and wish I could have kept mine.

SubQ:
Hi All,

I did a search on Beuchat but did not come up with any specifics so here goes;

my LDS is offering the following regs on sale:

VX10 Iceberg + Octo Iceberg
I will be diving all kinds of temperatures. Any opinions?

Cheers,
SubQ

All,

I have four of the VX-10's with the environmental pack on them. Three out of the four have failed catastrophically on me. The factory is giving me a hard time about servicing them and making things right.

I would be happy to give them to my worst enemy with every expectation that he would not come back from a dive. You could not pay me to have any more of them to use myself.

Good bloody luck to you!

Cheers!

BigJetDriver69:
All,

I have four of the VX-10's with the environmental pack on them. Three out of the four have failed catastrophically on me. The factory is giving me a hard time...

Wow, thanks. I'm now glad I got rid of mine!

BigJetDriver69:
All,

I have four of the VX-10's with the environmental pack on them. Three out of the four have failed catastrophically on me.

I have one and like it. Could you elaborate on the catastrophic failures. I'm thinking about getting a Zeagle. Thanks.

Their regs used to be a copy of the apeks. Something like a zeagle. But they have since moved on and for the worse i think. I think that having a service center near that can take care of it is essential. It would be like buying a cressi reg..... not the smartest thing.

evad:
I have one and like it. Could you elaborate on the catastrophic failures. I'm thinking about getting a Zeagle. Thanks.

On all three, the seals failed and blasted the guts of the environmental pack right out through the side of the pack. In one case, some part of it hit me, and, damn did that hurt!!! In another case, one went while we were standing on the rock in the center of the pool in front of Peacock I. Thank God it didn't go later!!!!

These are 300 bar din regulators supposedly capable of deep-diving! I wouldn't take them into a four-foot deep pool!!!!!!!!

On top of that, these packs were factory installed, but you wouldn't believe the hassle the factory rep gave me about repairing them! It is a really long story, and it makes me sick to even think about it! (Short version: Claimed it was my fault and would not honor their guarantee, even though evidence was on my side.)

I would give these to my worst enemy! I would not give them to any friend or innocent person. If you are using one, I will pray for you.

BigJetDriver69:
I would give these to my worst enemy! I would not give them to any friend or innocent person. If you are using one, I will pray for you.

...ohkaaay!
That doesn't sound too good. I think what got me in the end was the trouble with getting these things serviced around the world. Thanks for the usefull info, I will keep an eye on the reg forum to make up my mind onwhat to get, but I think beuchat is out.
Cheers, SubQ

I'm glad you noted that out in this thread. i was going to buy my full beauchat gear next month :S

Back
Top Bottom