Beware eBay scams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Be aware that there are several notorious scammers that sell in particular vintage gear on ebait. One in particular has multiple alias, lives in central Florida, specializes in various wetsuits, smooth skin wetsuits, shorties and fetish wear. He stole 350 dollars from me on a vintage wetsuit and did similar things to several others.
N

Last edited:
Why not just name the jurk.
As for the eBay,don't post the link here,but you can mention it.
Hope we all get your warning.

Last year, about this time I ordered a vintage wetsuit form him. I never received it and I never got my money back either. What I did get were threats from him that he was a member of the American Nazi party etc. Pretty crazy stuff. Normally I don't like to wade in mud but this is such a bad person and somewhat weired I just have to this time. Go ahead and order from him, you probably get your item but then maybe not, just depends on the alignment of the stars.

Don't let ebay feedback ratings fool you. These guys misuse ebay ratings with multiple alias. They usually only use one for scams and the other for pseudo legit until they get behind on their apartment rent or car payment etc. The other aspect of this is that for the longest time people, honest people, would not give negative feedback even when they were scammed because then the scammer would ruin their profile with retaliatory negative feedback thus rendering it useless.

The concept is to run up a good feedback rating with legit sales and then scam off the last bunch of buyers and then change alias---beware.

N

It would be nice to know who this idiot is. Even though you may only have one e-bay alias, that would be one that none of us would use.

I heard about that guy. Always have to be carefull with ebay. Curious, if you pay with paypal don't you have recourse? I have never sent checks or money orders for ebay orders figure I can charge back if I use a credit card. Bummer that people take advantage like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom