BHB - Looking for a buddy for Nov. 7th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be heading down to Singer Island for a few days with my wife, who's normally my buddy but is now pregnant (!), and I'm looking to start off with a BHB dive during slack tide at 8am on Friday the 7th. I don't want to go solo so I could hire a guide ($$), and from what I've read it's a simple dive, but I'd still rather share the experience with someone who's done it before.
I've got about 150 dives under my belt, and I'll be bringing my small camera rig, just looking for a chill dive to explore and take some pics.
If anyone is up for a dive together that morning hit me up!:cool2:

Last edited:
Alternately....is solo diving there something people would consider doing as a first-timer? I've brushed up on the rough layout of the site - I guess the boat channels are the things to watch out for - are the buoys quite clear underwater? I'm not a cowboy when I dive, I just like being underwater, so If I'm chill and keep my common sense intact and carry a flag....I'm thinking I could just do it myself. Thoughts?

Under the west span it is only clear if you are by the pilings supporting the tall part of the bridge.

Along the snorkel trail to the south, stay near the piles of rocks (don't go south of the rocks) the channel is really quite close to the snorkel trail and not obvious especially if you don't have a compass.

Are you planning on doing the dive on the weekend in addition to Friday?

No, the Friday is the only time I'll be diving there - I'm doing boat dives with Pura Vida on Saturday the 8th, then just chillin till I fly back on Monday....

Bummer, I might dive BHB on the 8th.

If you end up solo, it is probably easier to stay out of the channel if you go east. Don't go very far north of the east bridge as that is an active boat launching area.

Ok, thanks for the tips djtimmy77! and let me know if you end up changing to Friday!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom