Bicycling Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your current level of fitness and how much time do you want to devote to bicycling? The above posters made some very good points and if I purchase another bike I will keep them in mind. However, if you do not have time for 20 mile rides a low-end bike may suit you like the Giant bike Frank suggested. As you get fitter you can take more challenging rides as opposed to longer ones.

Wow, thank you all for your great responses. I would rate my self physically as somewhere between couch potato and slightly out of shape. I have a build that lends itself to a natural strength but my endurance sucks. I would like to develop the habit of riding a couple miles a day (probably 4/5 weekdays, take weekends off).

Just wondering...do you have the time to go lap swimming, say, at a pool somewhere? That's also another thing you can do to get in shape for scuba.

I did check into the various fitness clubs in my town but wasn't impressed with either the facilities or the cost of membership - hence my decision to buy a bike instead. I do wish there was a nice pool to do laps in that didn't cost so much (these pools were in sad shape as well). Thank for the suggesion though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom