Big "attaboy" for Leisure Pro...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LariatAdvance

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pleasant surprise this time. Mares Puck arrived today ($149). Opened the box and saw "Mares Puck Pro" user manual. I thought "Oh great. They sent me the wrong user manual." But after digging it out of the box it was indeed the Mares Puck Pro ($189).

So being the honest guy I am I called LP and advised them they made a mistake and sent me the wrong one, what should I do. The guy looked up the order # and said, "Yes, we realized after you ordered that we were out of stock on the one you wanted so we sent the Pro instead."

I told him that was cool with me. No complaints :) I just wanted us to be square.

MaresPuckPro.jpg

About 5 years ago, I ordered an Oceanic Geo from LP as a backup to my VT3, they sent me a Geo2 for the same reason as above. I thanked them, still going strong.

About 5 years ago, I ordered an Oceanic Geo from LP as a backup to my VT3, they sent me a Geo2 for the same reason as above. I thanked them, still going strong.

That's how my wife got her Geo2

Nice to get something for nothing - good for the company PR as well.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Yep, it isn't about giving stuff for free or being "nice" or "charitable," it is about PR and nothing but PR. Throw in something here and there and make people feel they are getting something for nothin and you get lots of free PR.

Yep, it isn't about giving stuff for free or being "nice" or "charitable," it is about PR and nothing but PR. Throw in something here and there and make people feel they are getting something for nothin and you get lots of free PR.

It is not about the PR. It is about making the sale "now".

LP carries a very large inventory and they want to turn that inventory into cash. If they upgrade with a product in stock without waiting for a back order to arrive their cash flow is great.

Leisure Pro buys deep and they are willing to take a smaller profit for an immediate sale.

The positive PR is good, but not the reason for the upgrade.

Last edited:
Or it could be that the Puck is discontinued - it's not listed on the current Mares website.

It is not about the PR. It is about making the sale "now".

LP carries a very large inventory and they want to turn that inventory into cash. If they upgrade with a product in stock without waiting for a back order to arrive their cash flow is great.

Leisure buys deep and they are willing to take a smaller profit for an immediate sale.

The positive PR is good, but not the reason for the upgrade.

You are 100% right, but the PR is a great byproduct for making the sale :)

Back
Top Bottom