"Big Blue" on September 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aalbinger

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have tentative plans to dive at the little lake in Mason City, IA on September 4th.

I've not been there before but I've talked to several beginners who did their open water stuff there and it sounds like an "OK" dive. Close to home if nothing else :wink:

You can find out some info about it at this website:

http://www.seatasea.com/BigBlueQuarry.htm

Seatasea is my LDS. Good place to pick things up and chat.

If anyone is in the Northern Iowa area and wants to meet up next weekend to blow some bubbles drop me a line!

-Andrew

How was it!??? I have a small group ditching work this Friday to go to Big Blue! Want to join us??? If so E-mail me at jeremy@yoder.net

Jeremy

aalbinger:
I have tentative plans to dive at the little lake in Mason City, IA on September 4th.

I've not been there before but I've talked to several beginners who did their open water stuff there and it sounds like an "OK" dive. Close to home if nothing else :wink:

You can find out some info about it at this website:

http://www.seatasea.com/BigBlueQuarry.htm

Seatasea is my LDS. Good place to pick things up and chat.

If anyone is in the Northern Iowa area and wants to meet up next weekend to blow some bubbles drop me a line!

-Andrew

jjlyoder:
How was it!??? I have a small group ditching work this Friday to go to Big Blue! Want to join us??? If so E-mail me at jeremy@yoder.net

Jeremy
I have been diving Big Blue during the week, since I have been working up by New Hampton. The vis was very good one tuesday night (7Pm) about 3 week ago. 20 foot plus. The next couple weeks (Tue or Wed nights) has been going down 10 to 15 feet. Did see that big cat fish under the large board, just east of the dock last time. Going to be working up there next week. Going in at light, coming out in dark. The days are getting shorter.....Darn.... I do dive solo

Back
Top Bottom