Big Catfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was about 100 pounds (45 Kg) and about 6 feet long. I caught it in the Jordan river using a full chicken as bait. Needed the help of several people to get it out of the water (that was zillions of years ago, I stopped fishing them when I started scubadiving).

Not long ago, there was a thread here in the forum, about a diver in Australia who saw the teeth of a huge grouper, from the inside. The grouper tried to eat his head, then realized it's not good food for him and let go. The fish was sent for two weeks
behaviour evaluation at a "parole officer", before considering its relocation.

Don't be afraid of big fish. As they become bigger it is more interesting and exhilarating to see them. It is a very joyous thing to see huge, old and prosperous fish hanging around without beeing hunted.

500 lbs cat fish?!? You need som huge hush puppies to go with one of them suckers

Ty

Now the real question is: where can I get some for the local quarry? Its mucky enough and all they have are some bass and "decorative carp". altough the owner gets pissed when you try to kill his stocked fish. he he he.

brandon

What would it live on? If there isn't much in the way of fish in that lake, it would be hard to support a 500lb carnivore.
:confused:

At a rock quarry we dive at in Kentucky, called Cerulean, they feed the fish population; mostly cat fish, bass, and bluegill. The cats get very large and are something to see, the only thing is you have to see them from the dock because they’ll avoid you when you’re under the surface with them. The fish you have to look out for are the little bluegills; they’ll come right up to you and try to take little bites out of you.
I’m told that back in the very back of the quarry is a huge cat called ‘Elvis’ and that you can find him hanging out in an submerged pink Cadillac. I can’t wait for the weather to get better and see if someone is pulling my leg.

Welll why not get some of those Erorean Catfish and put them is a lake of someone you dont like ...The latin Name of the species is : Silurus glanis and it gets up tu 5 meters in leghth and over 700lbs that is some nice fishing

There are some big cats by the dams.....but lets not forget, everything is way bigger underwater!!!!!So your 500lbs cat may be like at most 200.

Run!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom