Big Corn Island vs. Little Corn Island - what is the diving difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, we want to dive between xmas and New Years.

What is the difference in diving. My current thinking was just staying in Little Corn and doing all of my diving from there.

What do folks recommend?

Should you plan on diving from both islands and split your stay.

lastly - if folks have comments on the weather; please share.

Thanks

We are also interested in diving there. Would like to know about fish life. Is it as good as roatan?

I have some old trip reports on LC on this forum if you want to look into those.

In short I prefer LC to BC for not only diving but the island. BC is sort of industrial charming, LC is tropical island charming. For diving yes Blowing Rock a great site is closer to BC but can be done from LC, and LC has better overall diving than BC.
In regards to weather it can be windy during that time of year which on one trip I took there severely limited the access to dive sites.

Just posted a trip report from little corn... While the diving between the two islands it's primarily the same... The difference in atmosphere is night and day. I'd choose little corn everytime. It's a piece of paradise. The aquatic life is very similar to Roatan/Utila....I see less Moray at Little corn but far more rays and nurse sharks

Back
Top Bottom