Big Island Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwkline

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Aloha,
Just a quick trip report from 5-20 to 5-23. My GF and I spent a long weekend on the Kona side of the Big Island. We did 2 days of diving with Wanna Dive, and I must say we were thoroughly impressed with the operation.
They meet at 9:00 AM at the ramp, which made my GF very happy.
The boat is small, but run very well. Steve was our captain, with Cathy as DM / guide.
On day 1, we started at Garden Eel Valley, and had a nice hour or so dive there.
We went to a second site (forget the name ) and after a nice snack and surface interval did a little over and hour on the second dive.
My sync cord died on the first dive, so photos weren't very good. Still had a good time.
Day 2, we had 4 other divers accompany us for the day. They were a group from Monterey, and all were very friendly, competent divers. We had great dives with them, and Steve and Cathy were fantastic again. At the end of the 2nd dive, we had several Mantas swimming around the boat.
I would absolutely dive with these guys ( Wanna Dive ) again, and recommend the operation to any divers.
The only limit to our dives was our air consumption and NDL.
Had a fantastic time.
Here are some of the photos.
MobileMe Gallery
MobileMe Gallery
Charlie

Back
Top Bottom