big O rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munkispank

Contributor
Reaction score
OK- I am in the midle of building an underwatwer camcorder housing from some of the designs found on here- Its Going well condsidering I am not much of a handy-gal. But I cannot find a big O ring. The details I am following say to go to a bearings shop- whats one of them????

BTW, I am looking for a 6-6.5 inch one to fit 6.5 inch diameter plastic pipe.

any suggestions????

munkispank:
OK- I am in the midle of building an underwatwer camcorder housing from some of the designs found on here- Its Going well condsidering I am not much of a handy-gal. But I cannot find a big O ring. The details I am following say to go to a bearings shop- whats one of them????

BTW, I am looking for a 6-6.5 inch one to fit 6.5 inch diameter plastic pipe.

any suggestions????

Try McMaster Carr website

Have you tried google serching for O-ring distributors, or ask your LDS where they get their O-rings.
Might even try like Ikelite or another camera company just to see where you can get that part

This may be a long shot, however you might try your local pool supply store. They should have lots of different size o-rings that may work for you.

If not you could always look for an online parts supply store, Home Depot, any plumbers supply store, etc.

you guys are great- thanks for the advice- I was really lost on where to look.
I'll post up pics when I'm done (assuming it works of course)

Living in the midwest the first idea that comes to mind is a farm supply store or a Cat dealer, I know both of those places sell some pretty large O rings. Don't know if the suggestion is worth much but if you strike out at the other places mentioned, it might be worth a google.

You can try hydraulic supply houses too. They tend to have stock on all sorts of O-rings, and if they don't, they'll be able to recommend you to someone locally who does.

www.air-oil.com seems to be able to supply just about any size for a very good price, but the shipping/handling is $7 or so which makes it expensive for small orders, though cheaper than driving around checking out every tractor, bearing and pool shop.

Email me directly I sell O-rings for a living. I can probably come up with what you need. I need the inside diameter and the outside diameter of the O-ring you are looking for. A 6"x6-1/2" O-Ring is about $1.00. If you want to find one locally the correct O-ring part number is 568-437.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom