Big Satisfaction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
After having my regulator serviced abou a year ago, I took it back to the tech with a problem. After first being told it was my imagination and eventually that it was a new seat trying to seat he de-tuned it a little and told me not to worry. In Florida, I took it to another technician who un-de-tuned it and told me that although it was not my imagination, it just needed to be tuned. It was still "not right". A couple of days ago, bored with the flu, I took it apart (a scary step at the time) and discovered with the help of a schematic that it was MISSING the tiny o-ring that aligns the "axe de clapet" which holds the "clapet" against the "buse regable". Or in, Apex terms,the o-ring that aligns the shuttle valve which holds the seat against the crown. I installed the old one, the regulator is fixed, and I am feeling better. The question now is not "why shouldn't I service my own regulators?", but which repair book would you recomend? Comparativly speaking. Thanks.
Dave

evad:
After having my regulator serviced abou a year ago, I took it back to the tech with a problem. After first being told it was my imagination and eventually that it was a new seat trying to seat he de-tuned it a little and told me not to worry. In Florida, I took it to another technician who un-de-tuned it and told me that although it was not my imagination, it just needed to be tuned. It was still "not right". A couple of days ago, bored with the flu, I took it apart (a scary step at the time) and discovered with the help of a schematic that it was MISSING the tiny o-ring that aligns the "axe de clapet" which holds the "clapet" against the "buse regable". Or in, Apex terms,the o-ring that aligns the shuttle valve which holds the seat against the crown. I installed the old one, the regulator is fixed, and I am feeling better. The question now is not "why shouldn't I service my own regulators?", but which repair book would you recomend? Comparativly speaking. Thanks.
Dave

Go here for factory service manuals, in English no less: http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/manuals/
There is NO reason why you shouldn't service your reg. You just did! Getting parts is the catch but someone else here will probably help with that. ( I used to work at a local shop so I have no problem getting parts)
N

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom