Big Thanks to Halcyon and Cory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
Last week while diving in Florida, I noticed that one of my Halcyon trim weight pockets had a massive rip along the bottom seam. The pocket probably had less than 100 dives on it and I treat my gear well. Halcyon's web page didn't mention anything about a guarantee for pockets, but I called them anyway.

I spoke with Cory in Repairs on a Friday to ask if there was any way I could patch the pocket myself as I didn't want to buy another pair. He said no, but suggested I send it in, along with the other 3 that I own, as Halcyon had had a recall on these pockets quite a while ago due to faulty material. There was no gaurantee that my one pocket was from the bad batch, of course, but it seemed likely.

Before mailing them in that same Friday, I checked out the remaining 3. Based on the interior finish, it was obvious that the second pair was not from the same batch as the first, thus, unlikely problematic, but I mailed them all in anyway as requested.

The following Wednesday, a parcel arrived from Halcyon. All 4 pockets had been replaced with 'shiny' new models!

Kudos to Cory and Halcyon for such prompt and great customer service! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom