Bigblue VL2500p Red light & Yellow Filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soundfield

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased a Bigblue VL2500P video light to replace my big heavy UK HID Light Cannon. This light has an option to switch to all red light only; what would I use this for? It also comes with a removable yellow filter as well and I'm assuming this is to "warm" the colors in the video. Normally, in daytime I shoot with a red filter and white balance at depth, and this has worked very well for me so far. On night dives, I just white balance without the red filter and this also works well. I'm wondering why I would use either the red only led lights or the yellow filter. I understand that experimentation will give me some answers, but if others in the dive community have already gone through this exercise and would like to share, please do as I am very interested.

Thanks,

Adam D

I curious about this too. I got a Bigblue VTL2500P and it came with the yellow filter. What is the best use for the filter? I can't find out what it is intended for.

Removeable yellow filter for enhanced viewing in murky and turbid water and for extended viewing range
It's odd that I found this on B&H's website not Big Blue's...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom