bikes and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drharley

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone out there know of any motorcycle rides that include scuba diving on the East coast of the U.S.? There was a dive show in New York that did ride and dive trips but I believe they have closed.
Thanks,
John

drharley:
Hello all,
Does anyone out there know of any motorcycle rides that include scuba diving on the East coast of the U.S.? There was a dive show in New York that did ride and dive trips but I believe they have closed.
Thanks,
John

I truely love this board now...lol...I live in the south and would love to do a scuba ride :) but I have to get certified first :D

here is my bike

I see this is your first post...welcome!!!

Excellent idea! I'd get to take a trip that covered both of my passions! WOOT!

Team Prages, all about the ride to dive thing! Except no place to keep all of the gear on our bikes. We don't have the nice big cushy bikes that hold more than our cars.

If you guys figure a way though, that would be cool to try.

Paula

I can see it now. More PADI funding.

Padi Open Road/Diving Motorcycle Bubble Blowing Certification.

Level I less than 50cc and less than 50 feet
Level II 50cc to 250cc
Level III 251cc to 500cc
Level IIII 500cc to 1000cc
Master ORDMBB over 1000cc and limited to 130 feet.

Each course will only cost $149.99 plus books and training aids.

Note: Each level will have to be completed prior to moving onto the next level.
Helmets must fit over both warm and cold water hoods.
Wet Suits do not count as Leathers.

hehehe

Gary D.

Mrs.Prages:
Team Prages, all about the ride to dive thing! Except no place to keep all of the gear on our bikes. We don't have the nice big cushy bikes that hold more than our cars.

If you guys figure a way though, that would be cool to try.

Paula
I see people on GoldWing-a-bagos hauling small trailers...hmmm?? :eyebrow:

I rode up the the New River Gorge Bridge lookover a couple of weeks ago and met two couples that were from Minnesota. They were travelling down to Louisiana on their Goldwing-a-bagos with matching trailers. Very Nice looking, but way out of my price range.

How about a sprot bike? LOL~~~ I don't see any sport bike hauling anything.....
Actually, I am a biker and golfer. So, I though this kind of idea, "ride and golf."
One bike accessoy manufacture sells a golf bag that can be attached to the bike. I have never seen and tried it by myself though... It will be feasible with three wheeled bike and trailer.

I'd love to ride to dive! It's going to kill me having my bike sit for 4 months while I'm in the Keys. But as mentioned above transporting gear on the bike would be tricky.

Well, maybe not on a Goldwing with a trailer, but on my bike it'll definitely be an issue :)

Although the other day when it was raining pretty hard here, I did consider throwing on the wetsuit and going for a spin to test out my tires wet weather performance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom