Bimini update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blacktip shark

Registered
Reaction score
I think this might be interesting for those of you who still care about the future of Bimini.

First, visit new Bimini Bay website: Bimini Bay Resort and Marina | Welcome to Bimini Bay Resort and Marina I am sure I don't have to tell much about lies about the preservation of ecosystems mentioned there.

Then please visit Shark Trust website Bimini Update to see the recent response of Mr. Reyes to criticism and also the replies to him. (click on Bimini Bay Resort responds to criticism - Scientists and environmentalists unite in response - March 2008)

You are all welcome to join the discussion and make a contribution! Send your own letter to Mr. Reyes!

The mangrove habitats of these islands is the location of one of the most important nursery grounds for Lemon Sharks in the North West Atlantic, shelter and breeding ground for countless of marine organisms and home to the extremely rare Bimini Boa. Now the Hilton Hotels Corporation and Capo Group are chopping it all down in order to build a golf course and hotel.

See the new Save Bimini website and watch Bimini video produced by Fabien Cousteau and Cindy Slater: Save Bimini - Video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom