Black Friday Deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRob0311

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I plan on buying 2 sets of equipment soon (BCD, regulators, gauges/computer) and was wondering if there are usually good Black Friday deals for packages and are they worth waiting for?

for the regs, deep6gear.com

bcd and computer, maybe leisurepro. but if you want a bpw, the dgx bpw or vdh wing will likely not go on sale, so might as well get those whenever convenient.

Don't know how regular or when last it happened, but I've seen a sale before where Oceanic Worldwide bundled the wireless transmitter for computers using them. If you plan to get a wrist unit, and happen to have your eye on that brand, it might be worth waiting for. I'm not voting for or against it, just saying it's there.

If you don't plan plan to dive between now and then, might be worthwhile to wait.

Richard.

Yes, Diverightinscuba usually has a great sale.

@Southside Found several deals on tanks from LeisurePro through ebay (especially during ebaybucks promos).

I plan on buying 2 sets of equipment soon (BCD, regulators, gauges/computer) and was wondering if there are usually good Black Friday deals for packages and are they worth waiting for?
You may find there are Black Friday deals on a full set from some of the smaller "boutique" brands, but the majors rarely if ever have full set package pricing as a limited time promotion. If they have a good package price available, it is usually year round.

However, it is not unusual to have a more focused offer available around then, but usually for a longer period, such as a free octo or free transmitter with a qualifying purchase that could save you a couple hundred if it fits within your package needs. Most of the big brands have Minimum Advertised Price policies that shops need to adhere to or risk losing their account, so don't expect too much in the way of individual shop driven advertised packages. Just have that face-to-face conversation now regarding what they can do for you on a "best price" package rather then relying on published/advertised pricing.

Are there usually deals on tanks? I'm looking to pick up a few.
Tanks are pretty low margin for both retailer and manufacturer, so don't count on a seasonal promotion. Just seek out the best price you can starting now, and take it when you can get it. The only "special" pricing I have seen from my vendors is when they have some blemished finish tanks to unload, or when XS Scuba sells off the used gear from a Boy Scout Jamboree. There was a World Jamboree this past summer, so you might luck out and find a local shop that has purchased a load of those slightly used tanks for a discount.

Once in a while DRIS offers free shipping on tanks, but that’s it.

craigslist is the best spot to get deals on tanks.
Currently on Chicago craigslist there are some dacor al80s from the late 80s early 90s for the low low price of $200 each. I check craigslist everyday but haven't seen any deals, everything is old aluminum tanks.

Once in a while DRIS offers free shipping on tanks, but that’s it.

Does DRIS price match? I've found better deals than what they have on their website at other sites, even with shipping factored in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom