Black Friday Gear Sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Techline of Poland has incredible prices as standard prices for technical diving grade regulators (cold, etc.). The company is a long established company with dealers across Europe and the rest of the world.

This regulator has all of the features one needs for technical diving (with environmentally sealed first stage and cold water rated second) yet at awesome prices:

Regulator R4 TEC1 - EN250A

For few more Euros, you get an environmentally sealed first stage with rotating turret:

Regulator R2 TEC1 - EN250A

For few more Euros, you get an even better second stage:

Regulator R4 TEC2 - EN250A

Regulator R2 TEC2 21% O2 G5/8, stage set - EN250A

Many other models with different combinations and different options to choose from at VERY competitive prices:

TechLine Regulators sets

Techline offer a most competitive and true great value for those that can't afford or don't see value in buying from the bigger brand name international manufacturers. It will be very difficult to beat their value. What is great about Techline is that they have a full range of products and carry everything a dive needs, recreational or technical, with a very stable and consistent history in business.

Tecline

Global Website

They also have a less expensive product line for recreational divers with even lower prices:

Scubatech

My dive buddies Tecline 1st completely blew up at about 115m while we were on ascent. Diaphragm extruded out. Not really an ideal situation when your 115m deep and still have 3+hr of deco left.

Ill stick with my more expensive tried and true original Apeks regs. Tecline did a nice job copying them but the question is did they really???.... makes you wonder why the exact same Apeks reg that is made in the UK with years and years of real world R&D backed behind there product cost more that the copy made in Taiwan (yes Tecline is Polish but there regs are made in Taiwan)

1669432562602.png

My dive buddies Tecline 1st completely blew up at about 115m while we were on ascent. Diaphragm extruded out. Not really an ideal situation when your 115m deep and still have 3+hr of deco left.

Ill stick with my more expensive tried and true original Apeks regs. Tecline did a nice job copying them but the question is did they really???

Did you read the threads about Apeks regulator high pressure seats blowing up causing massive free flows and BC rapid inflations on SB recently? There are many more stories about Apeks regulators failing than about Techline regulators failing.

makes you wonder why the exact same Apeks reg that is made in the UK with years and years of real world R&D backed behind there product cost more that the copy made in Taiwan (yes Tecline is Polish but there regs are made in Taiwan)

I am not disputing what you are saying at all in regards to general higher quality of the well established international brands, that's why I buy/use Scubapro or Atomic when it comes to regulators. I offered the information about Techline when other brands that originate from Taiwan were mentioned here. Myself, I am between SP and Atomics regulators for the last 25 years (prior to that I was AL).

My wife’s (mostly) new reg set from Deep 6 got here early. Honestly, I’m more excited than she is. This is the Excursion 1st and 2nd set that @rsingler referenced early with an X Series 2nd fit with the pink color kit.

I put the X Series on the 24” hose included in the set, and the Excursion 2nd on an 40” hose that I had. Also, added an inflator hose and an old Deep 6 console that I had lying around. She will be doing her open water at Dive Friends, so I wanted it to be a “traditional” setup.

Gotta love Deep 6 BF specials!!

9635138C-9FB3-4F4E-A7A2-59F3847C25A5.jpeg

DRIS has the Vaquita and Vaquita 2 with accessories kit for $399 and $599 if you want to roll the dice on one. Fwiw they made a deal to provide a year of support despite the bankruptcy.

Bought one of these Stahlsac carry ons- MSRP $220 for $70 plus free shipping. Looks like there's about 20 left...
Any thoughts on a Stahlsac check-in that would pair good with this carry-on?

Any thoughts on a Stahlsac check-in that would pair good with this carry-on?
Curaçao or Jamaican Smuggler.

My wife’s (mostly) new reg set from Deep 6 got here early. Honestly, I’m more excited than she is. This is the Excursion 1st and 2nd set that @rsingler referenced early with an X Series 2nd fit with the pink color kit.

I put the X Series on the 24” hose included in the set, and the Excursion 2nd on an 40” hose that I had. Also, added an inflator hose and an old Deep 6 console that I had lying around. She will be doing her open water at Dive Friends, so I wanted it to be a “traditional” setup.

Gotta love Deep 6 BF specials!!

View attachment 755585
Looking wistfully at the $250 Excursion set as a backup, yet it is incomplete. Also considered the complete $700 Excursion set with dive computer - but I don't really need another computer, nor another LP inflator hose. Has anyone figured out a way to get the Excursion first, two Excursion seconds, two reg hoses, and console at a favorable price? I was thinking of calling D6 on Monday to inquire.

Curaçao or Jamaican Smuggler

Are these bags in the Stahalsac product line? I can't find them in their website.

Looking wistfully at the $250 Excursion set as a backup, yet it is incomplete. Also considered the complete $700 Excursion set with dive computer - but I don't really need another computer, nor another LP inflator hose. Has anyone figured out a way to get the Excursion first, two Excursion seconds, two reg hoses, and console at a favorable price? I was thinking of calling D6 on Monday to inquire.
In order to help, what do you consider favorable? Since you have a computer, do you need a 2 gauge console, or will an spg work? Do you have a spare hi pressure hose that you can use, or do you need that, as well? Lastly, do you have a backup computer, or know anyone who is on the market for a really nice, well priced computer?

Next question, have you looked at the X Series option? While the 2nds are X Series, the 1st is Excursion. And, yes, you’ll end up with an inflator hose you don’t need, but it’s actually an inflator hose you don’t need yet.

Not saying we can definitely meet your parameters once we have them, but give me that info and let’s see what we can do, cause I love doing this kind of thing!

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom