Black Friday Regs - ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigBubbaJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I ordered 2 D1 Cold 1st stages, and 2 2nd stages.
They are quite solid, and I like the fit and finish. 2nd stage comes apart easily.

A few thoughts compared to other regs I have purchased.

1. There was absolutely NO paperwork in any of the four boxes that the regs came in.
- I would have expected at the minimum a photocopy type warranty card (for my own reference) and perhaps a one page manual. Not that I need the manual... its all quite obvious. Being marketed to the Tech folks may be the reason for this omission. I still pulled them open to look for this. I spoke to another SB'er who had the same reaction.
2. Aside from the bigger size, there is nothing that denotes the 1st stage as coldwater. Is there a way to tell?
3. Why is there a missing port cap on the LP? (because they shipped with no hoses? due to the sale?)

Going to dive the 1st and 2nds this weekend - very excited to see how they perform compared to my oceanic delta IV/FDX10.

Chris is working on an online Warranty system as we speak :wink: and will have the manual and warranty work online soon. At that price, I can understand not having them printed in the box. Its all coming though.

The regs have a LIFETIME warranty on the workmanship. It breaks due to a manufacturing defect, its covered. If you work on your reg, and use a non brass pic, and damage it yourself...not covered. He is working on getting this all on his site, I talked with him today about it :wink:

You can tell the Cold water from the Non by the red end cap. The cold water has a red end cap and the standard does not.

No reg comes with all the port plugs from any manufacturer. When they are made, they know a hose will go on, so they always are missing a port plug. Most of the manufacturers ship the regs to dealers with a hose. With these being marketed to Tech divers, and you having the option on hose, they don't attach it.

Hope that Helps J :D

They are quite solid, and I like the fit and finish. 2nd stage comes apart easily.

1. There was absolutely NO paperwork in any of the four boxes that the regs came in.
- I would have expected at the minimum a photocopy type warranty card (for my own reference) and perhaps a one page manual. Not that I need the manual... its all quite obvious. Being marketed to the Tech folks may be the reason for this omission. I still pulled them open to look for this. I spoke to another SB'er who had the same reaction.
2. Aside from the bigger size, there is nothing that denotes the 1st stage as coldwater. Is there a way to tell?
3. Why is there a missing port cap on the LP? (because they shipped with no hoses? due to the sale?)

Going to dive the 1st and 2nds this weekend - very excited to see how they perform compared to my oceanic delta IV/FDX10.

deleted

Not different that what I suspected... thanks for the quick replies.

These are only my 2nd (and 3rd regs), and my oceanic came assembled.

You'll love them!

I am contemplating to sell my Atomic Z2x or trade it for D1 Cold + 2nd stage. This way I can standardize on all my regs and have 4 sets of the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom