Black silicone or clear in a mask for Lanier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive clark hill in Augusta. Clear silicone is a light rust/light brown from the silt after a year or so. I have the black silicone version of the Visualator. I won't say it is a low volume mask - it is not compared to some/many. But I like it for winter diving - much less face exposure with a hood(covers more of the face).
Do you notice being able to read your gauges or computer better with the black Visualator compared to a clear mask? In average vis lake water at Clark Hill that is.

How do you notice the difference in focusing ability in reading gauges and computers compared to using the clear masks and the black masks. I've heard it's easier to focus using the black, is it really true?

IMO, no. Same.

And Mat if you ever get tired of crawling around caves and diving those clear pretty springs come up here and I can show you some beer cans laying in the mud in 5 ft vis and 50 degree water:D heck I am ready to go back to florida.

Comon down to the Gulf, I'll put you in visibility similar to what you're used to and you won't have to wear so much damned thermal protection! :D

Not really in the lake. It is easier-some- for me to see the lcd screen on my camera in clear water.

My favorite mask is the one that doesn't leak,the rest of it really does not matter,lets hit the lake this weekend and get some dives in and then go from there.

I buy black because it does not turn yellow. Let me know when you are ready to dive Lanier I live across the street from it and can dive most weekends. And Mat if you ever get tired of crawling around caves and diving those clear pretty springs come up here and I can show you some beer cans laying in the mud in 5 ft vis and 50 degree water:D heck I am ready to go back to florida.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Black skirt 100%, have had no glare issues, and find dark water prefers clear lenses but skirt makes no diff.
happy shopping

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom