Blackbeard cruise in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kallcron

New
Reaction score
I will be taking the weeklong trip on Blackbeard's out of Miami on 9/15/03. I'm wishing to hear your thoughts on this charter as well as any must do's or don'ts. I have never been on a live aboard charter before. Thank all.:wacko:

This was my very first liveaboard. You will have the time of your life. It is totally like camping at sea. There is very, very little privacy, but hey, you're there for the diving.

The worst part about the trip was the crossing. Even if you have never been seasick, take something....prior to departure. Eat a light meal that evening, avoid alcohol, and keep yourself well hydrated.

You will not need much more than a couple of pair of swim trunks, t-shirt, and the usual personal items. You are limited to one very brief shower a day. That's really not a problem. Just turn the water on for a few seconds....then off. Soap up....then turn the water back on. We found that you can also take a bath in the sea with Joy dishwashing soap. Remember space is very limited. Whatever you take, you have to sleep with!!!!!

You will have port night in Bimini, so save something fairly clean for that night.

Hope that you have a wonderful time. I did

Hey Kall,

I have been three times and am planing the 4th now!:bounce:

You will have a blast! Understand this isn't a luxury type thing, it's all about the diving and just being at sea on a sailboat.(though don't expect to sail much)

This means alot of diving, beautiful sunsets and sunrises, rainbows, and stars at night.

Bring a seat cusion, a nonslip big mug, and clothes pins.

The crew is great and will try their best to make your experience
the same.

Have a great time!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom