Turks and Caicos Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red_dog

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can anyone recommend a dive shop/operator in the T&C? I‘m going down for a week in November and hope to get a day diving in.

From the other posts it looks like the south is the better side to dive and I understand I wont get to the better spots a live aboard would reach. Any specific recommendations for a day dive if I can find a trip on the day I go?

thanks

Can anyone recommend a dive shop/operator in the T&C? I‘m going down for a week in November and hope to get a day diving in.

From the other posts it looks like the south is the better side to dive and I understand I wont get to the better spots a live aboard would reach. Any specific recommendations for a day dive if I can find a trip on the day I go?

thanks
Are you going to Providenciales (Provo) or another island in the T&C?

In general there is no diving on the south side of Provo as it is a very large shallow sand plain - check out the satellite image on Google maps.

Day diving generally involves long boat trips to get from Turtle Cove out to sites around Northwest point or even further to reach West Caicos. There are also a few closer sites along the north and north east area of Provo.

The LOBs generally stick to Northwest point and West Caicos as well as French Cay when there are no winds.

thanks
It's hard to beat Dive Provo

I agree! Dive Provo is great and they will treat you well.

As others have said though, be ready for long boat rides to/from the dive sites, 45minutes to an hour is pretty typical.

Trips to grace bay dive sites should not be that long.

I've already plugged Dive Provo and still do but whichever operator you choose it would be best to choose one that leaves from the marinas on the south side of the island and not turtle cove. Reason being is that its equidistant to the three main areas ( nw point , West Caicos and French cay). As mentioned , you won't dive on south side.​

Leaving from turtle cove on the north side would almost guarantee you'd be diving at northwest point which is likely to be excellent but sometimes has lesser visibility than the other main dive areas. Boats from turtle cove generally won't go to West caicos.​

Maybe you heard that you leave from the south side of Provo to get to the better diving. This is true, but you leave from there to go to other islands south. Not to dive the south side. West Caicos is a common destination from there and the liveaboards do typically spend plenty of time there. Sometimes they may also go to French Cay, another place the liveaboards go. On a day boat you just have a long day to get in only 2 dives in out there. Or maybe 3, somevops will run 3 tank trips once a week or so, might want to look for that if you are only diving one day.

When our Dive Travel Club travels to Provo we always use Dive Provo. Very professional and friendly. Family owned and operated. Been around forever, highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom