Blackbeard cruises Bahama question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Would anyone be interested in joining me on this cruise sometime between August and October 2009?

Bahamas scuba diving liveaboard Blackbeard's Cruises

If so, email me at shawntv@austin.rr.com (do not PM - won't have time to respond or save correspondence)

I am exploring the possibility of getting away on this adventure to dive and would like a dive buddy - non-tech type to go. I am looking for relaxing fun enjoyment recreational diving these clear blue waters.

Let me know if you may be interested.

2009 Freeport Weeklong Schedule

Aug 1-7

Aug 8-14

Aug 15-21
Aug 22-28

Aug 29-Sep 4

Sep 5-11
Sep 12-18

Sep 19-25

Sep 26-Oct 2
Oct 3-9

Oct 10-16

Oct 17-23
Oct 24-31

Bahama weather track:

July-Sept 81-85f/27-29c 80-90f/27-32c None required
October 79-82f/26-28c 75-90f/24-32c Skin or Shorty

Shawn O'Shea

Last edited:
Shawn--

I'm not available as a buddy, but I went on this trip last Thanksgiving and think you would enjoy it. It's ALL ABOUT THE DIVING. Although it's not for the high maintenance, it'll give you the most bang for your diving buck.

What is the approximate cost, Shawn?

What is the approximate cost, Shawn?

Hi John,

$900 7 day live a board all inclusive (Blackbeard dive operation cost)
$100 port fees and tips
$400 round trip airfare to/from Austin
$50 Hotel
equals
$1450 approx.

If you do 24 total dives - cost per dive would be $58.3 (this calculation is for you John)

Could keep trying to get airfare and Hotel lower, but this is the least expensive live a board I have found surfing the web for a full 7 days of dive, eat, sleep, and dive activity in the clear waters of the bahama's.

Last edited:
heh heh heh - and you bald boys dont have to stress about the 30 seconds of fresh water to get your hair clean.

heh heh heh - and you bald boys dont have to stress about the 30 seconds of fresh water to get your hair clean.

Hah!!! Bald is the new beautiful.

A good way to conserve that 30 seconds of hot fresh water is to turn it off when you're lathering up. Just my .02 from personal experience :)

Hmm, I did it in 1998 and again in 2004, its very "agricultural" and not for the conservative or shy, but good fun none the less.

I thought a week was a bit long, I would have preferred 4 days as I got bored after that, but certainly, its very fair value for money.

Shawn,

Can you really do 24 dives on Blackbeard?

From what I've read, they depart on Saturday afternoon and return on Friday morning....leaving five days to dive. They advertise that they try to do 3-4 dives per day. I'm guessing that the last dive day (Thursday) is shorter to allow for a 24 hr. surface interval prior to a Friday return flight. It looks to me like the max number of dives is more like 18.

Ron

If you do 24 total dives - cost per dive would be $58.3 (this calculation is for you John)

I leave in 3 weeks for my 4th trip on Blackbeard's. In my previous 3 trips, I've averaged 21 dives each trip, depending on whether I dove every night dive. Now that they start out of Freeport, you get 5 1/2 days of diving since you do 2 on Saturday right off Grand Bahama. Hey Shawn, don't be afraid to book on this dive by yourself. I did my 1st trip that way and got to meet some really good people to dive with. Blackbeard's doesn't charge a single supplement like many live-aboards. Also don't forget that that $58/dive also includes all your meals, accomodations, meeting new friends, diving your butt off, and plenty of beer and rum-punch after the days diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom