Blackbeard - which berth is best

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colohusker17

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have heard conflicting opionions on which berth is best in the Blackbeard Cruise. Some have said that the ones in the main salon are bigger, but less privacy. I have also heard that berth's 3 and 4 are not bad. I am traveling as a single.

thanks.

The most motion(up/down) will be the berths in the bow.

A berth towards the "middle" of the boat will have less motion/roll if you are trying to sleep while the boat is under way in rougher seas or the passage over from the US mainland.

mike_s:
The most motion(up/down) will be the berths in the bow.

A berth towards the "middle" of the boat will have less motion/roll if you are trying to sleep while the boat is under way in rougher seas or the passage over from the US mainland.

Yea, what Mike said. Don't even worry about room or privacy. You'll spend all your time on deck, in the water, or in the main salon eating anyway. And all bunks have a curtain to pull across them for minor privacy while sleeping or napping.

Enjoy your trip. I loved mine!

theskull

On my Blackbeard trip a couple years ago, I stayed in the main salon as a single traveler. It was great having a larger bunk for spreading out my "stuff". As said above, you spend most of your time on the deck or in those great Bahamian waters. One down side I'll mention though, is the early wake up call you'll receive from the cook getting breakfast going (like around 6 every morning on my trip!). 'Hard for him not to bang a few pans, and being in an upper bunk, the heat from his burners made my enclosure roasty toasty. GREAT dive trip though - best dive: Bimini Wall, South Peak.

I'll just ditto what MN Lakeman said. I liked the main salon because the bunks are larger. Yes, you had more traffic 'cuz of the cooking, and up earlier in the morning, but I liked it.

Port side, main salon, top bunk. My favorite.

main Salon Lower bunk last trip was great !!! Hope I can get it next Trip

Whatever you do, make sure you don't get stuck in the bow cabin right beside the head like I did.....nothing more *exciting* then listening to 8 men using the bathroom inches away from you head, let me tell you!

Back
Top Bottom