Blackbeards Cruise Nov. 10 thru 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ivyleaguediver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Divers, I'm going to be on the Blackbeards Cruise out of Freeport Bahamas from Nov. 10 through Nov. 16 and was wondering if anyone else on Scubaboard will be on that trip. I have my fingers crossed for good weather.

I won a Blackbeards trip in Feb. 2007. It was a great time pack light..... the rooms at least the one I was in is 7x7 and is to sleep 4 people... We were lucky and had the room to ourselves, my husband and I.
The crew was GREAT, the food was good... I had no complaints. Check out the link below for some pictures.
Hope you have fun!!!

Blackbeard 2007

I won a Blackbeards trip in Feb. 2007. It was a great time pack light..... the rooms at least the one I was in is 7x7 and is to sleep 4 people... We were lucky and had the room to ourselves, my husband and I.
The crew was GREAT, the food was good... I had no complaints. Check out the link below for some pictures.
Hope you have fun!!!

Blackbeard 2007

What's the story with the shark on deck??

Some guys were fishing and that is what they caught... It was the captain that landed it.
Later that night they had shark bites.

Some guys were fishing and that is what they caught... It was the captain that landed it.
Later that night they had shark bites.

I wish they wouldn't fish for them!!

When I first went to Grand Bahama there were like 24 sharks that showed up on the shark dive. The last couple of years there have only been 6 or 7.

I am leaving this Friday with a group from Chicago , we board on the 20th. Any nuggets of information would be appreciated. Thanks

I am leaving this Friday with a group from Chicago , we board on the 20th. Any nuggets of information would be appreciated. Thanks
From my interweb bookmarks folder of must-do dive trips, here is a link (from our very own Pickens) to a wonderfully detailed Blackbeards trip report from this summer, from over at the ZenDivers.com forum. The actual trip report begins at post 18 and again starting at post 44. Lots of chatter as well, they are a very friendly and social group over there at ZD, would be fun to do a trip with that group. :)

John

Hi Divers, I'm going to be on the Blackbeards Cruise out of Freeport Bahamas from Nov. 10 through Nov. 16 and was wondering if anyone else on Scubaboard will be on that trip. I have my fingers crossed for good weather.

Hi,

I will actually be down there the same time (10-16)! However, I will be on another boat. Maybe I will see you on one of the dive sites. I have my fingers crossed for good weather as well!

Victor

From my interweb bookmarks folder of must-do dive trips, here is a link (from our very own Pickens) to a wonderfully detailed Blackbeards trip report from this summer, from over at the ZenDivers.com forum. The actual trip report begins at post 18 and again starting at post 44. Lots of chatter as well, they are a very friendly and social group over there at ZD, would be fun to do a trip with that group. :)

John

Yep I would do it again. This time of year though pack a sweater, some sweats and rain pants / gear just to be safe and warm. Not sure but it might get a bit colder than the summer. :wink:

Loved every minute of the trip. We caught a bunch of sharks but threw them back. We only kept and ate true game fish.

Have fun and be safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom