Blackbeards Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Newhampster

Contributor
Reaction score
Found very little on the board about this liveaboard operator (Bahamas...)

Any negative experiences with these folks?

Positive?

Blackbeard's liveaboard 65' sailboats out of Miami to Bimini & Andros in the Bahamas are great for the price, but don't expect an Agressor or Nekton Pilot type cruise. Consider it more like camping out instead of staying in a motel.

Your "cabin" will be your bunk...everything you take except dive gear will sleep with you in the bunk. (Your gear locker is on deck under the seats.) Up to 22 people and 6 crew share two showers and two heads. Food is plentiful and tasty, but definitely not gourmet.

You will be able to dive 4 - 5 times a day. The boat only docks in Bimini one night for some shore fun....the rest of the time you are at sea, day and night.

I found the the captain and crew very capable and friendly. You basically dive your own plan...no "excess" supervision. This I liked very much!

While a Blackbeard cruise is not the Ritz, you defintely get all the diving you want and the dives are typically outstanding. I plan on another trip in a year or so with these folks. For the price, I don't think it can be beat.

Been twice.
Loved it.
Rick

I have been on 4 cruises with this operator. It was great but the stuff you read about them is all true. Its like camping on the water so the luxury items are not available. The main focus is diving and having a good time. The crew will do anything possible to make sure you have fun. The boats are small which gets you friendly with all of the divers quickly so you make friends fast. The shore nights are spent on Bimini which is a really great place to unwind away from the fast night life. I highly reccomend Blackbeards at least once. Its a great adventure.

Back
Top Bottom