Blackbeard's Hogsty Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparg93

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone ever done this dive before...what did you think, worth the $1500?

Blackbeard's Cruises Special Charters & Trips

Also, I'm a newbie with a bunch of quarry dives under my belt and hopefully finishing up my Advanced Open Water by the time the trip starts...but no Ocean or diving from a boat experience. I'm a fish out of water (ocean lifeguard), but scuba diving is new to me and want to keep my first big dive within my experience level, which is very low.

Is this an easy dive, will I find myself "in too deep" or "over my head"? :rofl3: (serious question though)

any advice would be GREATLY appreciated b/c i need to put the $$ on the table by Monday.

thanks!!

If you've been diving quarrys near NY/NJ i'm guessing you've been to Dutch Springs.

Ocean Diving in the Bahamas will be easy!! 100'vis and warm water!! Enjoy!!

I would go for it. I have never been on the Hogsty trip, but I just got back from their Nassau trip and it's a great time. I did some of my first ocean dives on Blackbeards. The other poster is right. For the most part it is good easy diving. Try to pair up on the boat with someone who has more experience than you and have them help you with things like Navigation. I met my current dive buddy on my first trip and we have been all over the place together now. She has about 2x as many dives as I do and she was really great about helping me learn. Have a great time.

Blackbeard's is a lot of fun. Just remember, there is no privacy. Many folks sleep in the same room and share a head (marine toilet). Food and diving is good. Crew is very nice. Do it.

As far as transitioning from quary diving, you will wear a much thinner exposure suit (3 mil or less) and carry much less weight. It's a joy.

Dove in and booked it this morning!

You are going to have a lot of fun, and its a new world diving in warm water with good vis and lots of fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom