Blackbeards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lawman

Reaction score
:confused:

I've read about Blackbeards cruises and get the idea it's camping on a boat. Can anyone give more details about a weeks cruise?

I really had a good time. I'll tell you what I can but keep in mind that things may have changed. They have three 65' motorsailers. Don't expect to do much/any sailing. Air conditioned cabins. They have 2 bunks up front and two bunks in back that are private (Two couples in a Private room). The rest of the people sleep in bunks in the galley. Its not 5 start accomidations. They provide all the food and liquor/beer you want. No Nitrox. 4-5 dives a day.

If your looking for great meals and 5 star accomidations then Blackbeards isn't a good choice. If your looking to do a bunch of diving and meet some cool people then go for it. You stay in Bimini one night and the rest of the time you wake up each morning anchored on isolated islands. They will take you to shore and you can explore =] Like I said I really enjoyed it. And you cant beat the price =D

-Nate

The Lovely Young Kat & I have been on several, and plan to go again.
The diving is fantastic.
Space is limited - there are "berthing areas" rather than staterooms; your only privacy is in your own bed behind your privacy curtain; two heads per boat; salt water showers with fresh water rinse.
The diving is wonderful.
The food is tasty and plentiful.
The diving is incredible.
The crew has always been superb.
The diving is fantastic, the sites pristine and varied.
The crossing from Miami can be rough; take your Dramamine.
Did I mention the diving? It's GREAT!
The shore stops are interesting.
And oh, yes, I mustn't forget... THE DIVING IS SUPER WONDERFUL FANTASTIC INCREDIBLE - GREAT!
Rick

From what Rick and lucid have said it sounds like Blackbeards is worth checking out. Any idea on where to find information with regards to prices and so forth? Thanks in advance!

Coltura

My father and I went a year or two ago and I had a blast, but it was a little cramped for him ( the old guy:wink: ) I had tons of fun. the diving is great the people are great, you will have tons of fun and make sure to do a trip report!!
- A J

Back
Top Bottom