Blackbeard's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuriousMe

Reaction score
Vacation's over, back on the ship right in time fo
Hello all,

I'm looking into doing a Blackbeard's liveaboard. I did a search and have seen some of the posts about them and it all looks good to me....but I have a few questions for anyone that's been on one.

Do you think it'd be possible to do my PADI AOW while onboard? I see that they teach resort courses, so they have instructors of some kind....but I didn't see any pricing for AOW while there?

Also, I saw in their FAQ that it's fine if you're going without a Buddy (meaning that either they'll buddy you up or you can dive with one of the crew)...but has anyone done this on a Blackbeard? If so, how did it work out?

Thanks!

Hi Cathie,

Last December PADI AOW was $160. And yes, you can go without a buddy - I did and had great time.

Julia

Thanks Juls,

I also heard back from them, and they confirmed what you wrote. Glad to hear you had a great time. I'm actually going with a friend now, and we're both planning on getting our AOW. We'll be going June1:D

Needless to say I'm thrilled!!!

Oh, and Juls....welcome to the board!

Back
Top Bottom