Blackberry work around found

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have discovered a way to get the new version to work on my Blackberry Storm II and am sharing it here in the hopes it will help others. It is not ideal by any means but is enough to allow SB to be displayed on this platform.

You first need to click on your browser options
then under Cache Operations go in and clear everything

next under General Properties set image quality to low
make sure full screen view and Javascript location are unchecked
set repeat animations to once and I suggest setting column as the default view
make the Internet Browser your default and save all of those settings.

Next go into Browser Configuration and turn off Show images and Use Background Images, then under browser identification choose either Internet Explorer or Firefox. Do not use Blackberry. Firefox works better than IE.

Save all of these settings and then go to Scubaboard. Go to the full version the mobile still will not work. What you will see is the full version minus all the ads and images. It is slow but for me is enough to at least see PM's and threads I am keeping track of. Until a workable mobile version is up it is sufficient for basic functions.

The down side is that any other sites you go to will not display pictures and images. to get those you'll need to go back in and enable images. If you do not disable them the site works but with the images loading it takes forever to do anything. Getting rid of the pics and ad images cuts the load time drastically.

Hope this helps anyone else not able or like me willing to give up their Blackberry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom