Blue Angel Trip Report (Jun 20-25, 2010)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLad you had a great trip. Last year was my first staying and diving with them and like you, it's all I need and am very happy staying there.

I'll be back in 6 days and can't wait!

Blue Steal...i remember last year when you were looking at booking a place and a lot of folks recommended BA. i'm glad you enjoyed it too and had a great trip!

Is it true that BA's restaurant is closed on Sundays? I saw that in one post but not on the web site.

Centexbear, I was very satisfied with the BA and am returning again this October. I may try other places in the future, but for now the BA fits all my needs and I just like the feel there.
jlevine, I believe the restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch on Sunday but is closed for dinner.

Ditto, I think I noticed about ~6 AL 100s. They don't seem to get used much or at least I didn't see anyone drag them out while I was there. Do confirm this before your trip just to be sure.

On another note, all of the AL 80 Air-only tanks had convertable Din-Yoke "pro" valves while the Nitrox had yoke only. If you want Nitrox and have din regs be sure to bring your valve converter.
Are those valves very different? Maybe they have changed very recently, but I thought that the only diff between BA's air and nitrox bottles was the paint job. I didn't use nitrox this past trip (last month), but last year I dove both air and nitrox and the valves looked the same to me.

Is it true that BA's restaurant is closed on Sundays? I saw that in one post but not on the web site.

Restaurant isn't closed on Sunday but they do close early. We arrived late Sunday and had an early dinner around 4-4:30 pm.

Are those valves very different? Maybe they have changed very recently, but I thought that the only diff between BA's air and nitrox bottles was the paint job. I didn't use nitrox this past trip (last month), but last year I dove both air and nitrox and the valves looked the same to me.

The Nitrox & air tanks are different. Nitrox tanks are yoke only and the Air tanks are the "pro valve" similar to this one:

200 Bar Pro Thermo Valve reviews and discounts, XS Scuba

I can't imagine why you would need to bring a DIN conversion. The vales mentioned above are "convertible", meaning they are yoke until you unscrew the inside "plug" thus making it DIN. Standard air tanks at BA also had that type of valve...so don't think a type of valve means air or Nitrox...always either check the O2 content or verify it is air. Remember what they say about assuming!

:wink:I don't think BA is much of a secret.

You have discovered what many of have a wonderful dive shop close to the water at affordable rates. The best part of BA is the staff. Everyone from Jeanie, Jorge. Pony, Martin,, Matt, and the new owners are terrific people. I have been diving Coz for 5 years and have yet to venture away from BA. After the first year I have never been there without diving with another diver that I have met in the past.
I hope that your next trip will get you more involved with the town and some of the great restaurants that are available. Two can eat very nicely in many of the local places. Hope to see you at BA on the next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom