Blue Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muzicgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hola Scuba Boarders...It's been a while since I have been on here... but can't wait - looks like we are headed back to Curacao in March for the first time in 2 years...oh how I have missed Curacao. with habitat being closed we will be staying at Blue Bay - any reviews or comments? And, anyone on here know what the price of their dive packages are? Thanks and Happy New Year!
-M

first off you need to quit the hola and get with the Bon Dia ---- LOL ... I cant help you with the pricing as we used Curious2Dive very reasonable and personalized and we did shore dives all over the Island and the site Blue Bay one of them. The op there seemed nice and the "house reefs" were really nice as well. Enjoy!! PM me if you have other questions we get to Curacao every year...

Oh ok you're right - Bon Dia - and, this will be our i think 7th trip...we used to stay at Hilton before Ocean encounters went there, then off to Habitat, and now to Blue Bay - well aware of how awesome the diving is! Just looking for some intel on the hotel.

The place looked awesome. We own at Sea Aquarium so we stay there. I am jealous you get to go in March.... better weather than November.. Enjoy!

Oh ok you're right - Bon Dia - Just looking for some intel on the hotel.

I played golf there a BUNCH of times and remember the club house, maybe it had some rooms there, but I thought most of the property was homes/ cabanas. The beach and pool, resturant and such were down the hill and it was open to the public for 5 naf, really nice beach. I checked my logs and I have 26 dives at Blue Gardens, Blue Wall and (what I named) the sand flats 120+fsw. You'll have a lot of good dives right there! BlueBayBeach.jpg

Bue Bay looks great. Where on the island is it located? Looks like it is a bit west of town but hard to tell from their site.

The bay is located west of town and just east of the village of St. Michiel. For those with a GPS device: the coordinates are 12:08:03 W 68:59:06 W

The entrance fee used to be 5 guilders a few years ago but has gone up since.

How far is the dive shop from the hotel at blue bay? Looks liek an awesome potential house reef

muzicgirl I am going to be at blue bay in March, first trip to Curacao. The way I understand it Diveuniversity is the dive op on site curacao@diveversity.com. They have pricing for shorediving and boat diving. But I can't figure out if they have a boat on site. I just started looking into it though. I don't know if we need to plan for more boat or shore dives? Can you help on that?

The boat dives don't go out every day, I was told they go out two to three times a week, but shore diving in Curacao is amazing and since the House reef at the Hilton, and Habitat where we have stayed before is awesome, I am sure the house reef at Blue Bay will be awesome too.

Back
Top Bottom