Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends. If you get cold easily and plan on being in the water a while, a 5mm might be ok.
I'm still in my 2 piece 3mm, but I get cold easily.

5mm w/ a hood - once you go past that 90 minute mark you'll be glad you did. you can always flush the wetsuit if things get too warm but there's not a lot of heat generating finning. YMMV

IMG_0073-001.JPG IMG_0075-001.JPG IMG_0060-001.JPG IMG_0084-001.JPG

This pike blenny was tiny, tiny and not displaying much--fun anyway! 1 or is it 2 crabs in a jar--Crab Soup! There was a pile of sea hares over east in 5 ft off the beach--this one seemed to be trying to get off the bottom/or is under the pile?

BHB conditions yesterday 75 degrees and 10-15ft viz..........

Cool on the ID.. those parrotfish are a strange bunch to ID

View attachment 371483 View attachment 371484 View attachment 371485 View attachment 371486

This pike blenny was tiny, tiny and not displaying much--fun anyway! 1 or is it 2 crabs in a jar--Crab Soup! There was a pile of sea hares over east in 5 ft off the beach--this one seemed to be trying to get off the bottom/or is under the pile?

BHB conditions yesterday 75 degrees and 10-15ft viz..........

Thought I recognized these shots, saw them up on the FB group page earlier. Great work Jim

Divediva went today and reports 30 plus ft viz and blue water and NO particulates--77degrees! I'm going Thursday, so the viz will likely be sub10 again!!

Well, we planned on heading home Wed morning, but conditions were so good on Tuesday we decided to stay a couple more days. Fun day to go east... Weird assortment of "firsts" for me at BHB...

Round Scad by the mirror wreck. Used to seeing these in massive schools over the wrecks in NC - and usually only a few inches in length. This guy was by himself, schooling with Tomtates, and was around 10" OAL.
FL_160413_3013.jpg

Cool to see a group of Cownose Rays in the shallows - not a bad capture for a 105mm lens!
FL_160413_3038.jpg

Common to others, but my first Ragged Sea Hare.
FL_160413_3054.jpg

And lots of Blue Runners under the East Span.
FL_160413_3069.jpg

Not the first time I've seen them, but the first time I've gotten a reasonable image of White Mullet in the shallows. Again, with a 105mm lens.
FL_160413_3138.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom