Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great shots Mr Chen. You proved to me that it’s really possible for someone to come the BHB, and with proper guidance, take spectacular shots. I was nowhere near as successful, but I didn’t have one on one guidance from @Scuba_Jenny and @SubNeo, we were “led” by someone who hadn’t been there for years. 🫤 Well done, my friend, very well done.
🐸
PS How about a refresher on what gear you were using? 📷 📸

That's unfortunate. Jenny guides, you should definitely hire her next time instead. We tried to get Intel pre-dive and didn't get anything really solid besides the striated frog fish. Jenny was a sea horse whisperer. We checked a hot spot Jenny showed me last year and we were rewarded there, along the way, and the path back. It was a truly amazing day. And that pea sized frog fish she found 2 minutes into the dive, omg.

My camera is a Nikon d850. Inon z330 strobes, 60mm lens.

The funny thing is, everyone has been going east lately. I guarantee they'll be going west for at least a month now chasing the critters we found.

The funny thing is, everyone has been going east lately. I guarantee they'll be going west for at least a month now chasing the critters we found.
LOL.. Yep... suddenly everyone will be west.. we kinda ruined it for us, eh? LOL East folks were happy with one dwarf, and we were, hold my beer, erh, camera!

LOL.. Yep... suddenly everyone will be west.. we kinda ruined it for us, eh? LOL East folks were happy with one dwarf, and we were, hold my beer, erh, camera!
The West Side Gang has one good day and all of a sudden yall are dunking on us East Siders. #EastSider4lyfe

In my chat on15 January with @Pipehorse it seemed that on that day the best advice was “Go East, young man!” Of course like any dive site, every day is a new day, and only the regulars can really get a feel for what’s going on and where to look.

The West Side Gang has one good day and all of a sudden yall are dunking on us East Siders. #EastSider4lyfe
I'm an eastsider, but Jenny pulls me west every time. I'm not complaining though! I pull her east every once in a while.

...All y'all haven't found the secrets of the SOUTH side yet :eyebrow::happywave:

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0942 for a 11:39 high tide, the park was not crowded. Entered the west side on scuba at 1015. Visibility was 35ft, sea temp at 73f. Hit the west end of the snorkel trail and meandered west and north from there. Did a REEF fish survey of 58 species in 60 minutes. Despite the 5mm wetsuit and the hooded vest still cold after 130 minutes in the water. Observed a Leopard Searobin, Blue Spot Cornetfish, Octopii, Lined Seahorses, Green Sea Turtle, and large Spotted Eagle Ray. Respectively Blue Spot Cornetfish, Green Sea Turtle, Juvenile Boxfish(probably Scrawled Cowfish), Leopard Sea Robin, and Scrawled Filefish (notice Southern Stingray in background).

01-31-24 Cornetfish1.JPG
01-31-24 Green Sea Turtle.JPG
01-31-24 Juvenile Boxfish.JPG
01-31-24 Leopard Searobin.JPG
01-31-24 Scrawled Filefish.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom