Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are headed back down to Fl, and we were planning to dive the bridge Jan. 4-6th. We have dove the bridge before, but I was wondering if Wed. the 6th may be too late to dive. The tide table I was looking at has high tide at 5:25 pm. When we were down earlier this month, it was getting dark very early. I was wondering if the park may close before we get out, or need to shorten the dive?

We were trying to get as much time as possible at the bridge since we were headed to KL for the rest of the week and diving has not been great lately in KL.

Mike

Last edited:
Anyone know what conditions are like? I'm planning a 1st of the year dive and it looks like bridge has been up and down of late.

I'm heading over there tomorrow and will provide an update in the evening... I saw in the news that a handful of people in a scuba class were stung today by the Man-O-War jelly, so that's a little scary. But I'll have a 7mil on with a hood and rock boots so I'm not too worried as long as my face doesn't run into one...

.... it looks like bridge has been up and down of late.

eraseme.jpg

We went yesterday and I guesstimated 25--30 ft viz! Temp. 79f.... Very nice viz, temp, and dive. The first good viz in weeks and following a day with reported 10 ft viz. Tim, GO TODAY! We are going again today, HT about 1pm.

Ya'll have a good dive. Wanted to go up today. Planned on it. But caught a cold and am sitting here sulking instead of heading north. :(

We may go (gasp) Sunday:shakehead: and Tuesday if doable.
Jenny feel better!
Tim; you haven’t been diving since last year! Dust off that 105 lens:eyebrow:
John

This is a belated update; but on New Years eve I did an East Bridge dive and visibility was 25-40', couldn't have been happier with the conditions including front row parking :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom