Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the scorpionfish is a juvie spotted. I took one similar years ago..
(Ha! up to 3 fish now! The triplefin shot on Yellow Brick Road, the other two at the bridge)
I think I'll have to start submitting photos here. I end up with a lot of "fish portraits" that are decent to good for identification, but leave a lot to be desired from an artistic standpoint. At least here they'd have some value to someone.

As promised, here's a few photos from my dives. I did three dives over the last three days, 12/26 PM, 12/27 PM, and 12/28 AM. Night one I stayed on the snorkel trail, though there were a lot of divers out and lots of silt bring kicked up. Night two I went under the east bridge. Far fewer divers than the night before, and much less particulate in the water, though I got very cold early on and called the dive after only 45 minutes. This morning I was dressed more appropriately and spent 95 minutes under the east bridge again. Had good visibility, and spent a lot of time moving slowly and looking for all the little things. I'm still on the hunt for octopuses again, (any) nudibranchs, and of course the frogfishes that everyone is always looking for.
Nice photos.
As for the froggies, I heard of one dwarf found recently. It is early in the season for them. I found my first one of the year, this year, in mid January which is early. They usually are here till mid - late spring. Striated show up in the late springtime and are here through the summer into fall. Of course there are the exceptions, and those exceptions are found by those who dive the bridge numerous times per week.

I think I'll have to start submitting photos here. I end up with a lot of "fish portraits" that are decent to good for identification, but leave a lot to be desired from an artistic standpoint. At least here they'd have some value to someone.
Post in the TWA fishwatchers group on FB. The guy who runs that database is always looking at photos. I was surprised to see the Dotteral filefish added. I think it got the addition to database from there.

Giant Hermit Crab,
On Wednesday we saw more hermit crab 'tracks' in the sand than ever before. After 3 weeks of rough waves & swell, they were probably very hungry and unusually moving during the daylight instead of their nite crawls. Great pictures as always !!

Water clarity looked good today. I could just about read a newspaper on the bottom, looking down in 10' deep water. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to hop in.

Am hoping the cold front coming in Saturday night (it IS coming Sat night, right?) will scare most people away. I REALLY need to dive!

Also, does Force E have the tide tables available yet?

We use this link where you can set the date into the future as far as you’d like

Thanks!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom