Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone been in to dive the last day or so? I’m up in Jupiter through tomorrow and would make a trip down the highway, but I dont want to bother if the viz is crap from Lake O dumping.

Hey gang, New to WPB and looking to find some dive buddies. Was planning on going to the Force E night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge but they cancelled because of bacteria and visibility. Hopefully I can meet some of you at future dives. If anyone wants a dive buddy, send me a message.

-Matthew
Love the screen name..

The testing for bacteria is done near shore at low tide.
I dived last night. It was a tad chilly at 73, but super windy. Vis was maybe 10ft. One time viz dropped to almost 0, but no other divers nearby, and didn't see any manatees or eagle rays.

I hear today, the viz was 10 ft with 75 degree water, blue coming in.

Hey gang, New to WPB and looking to find some dive buddies. Was planning on going to the Force E night dive at the Blue Heron Bridge but they cancelled because of bacteria and visibility. Hopefully I can meet some of you at future dives. If anyone wants a dive buddy, send me a message.

-Matthew
What do you enjoy doing underwater (video, photography, trash pickup, just diving)? Did you just get certified? Do you own your own gear yet?

Has anyone been in to dive the last day or so? I’m up in Jupiter through tomorrow and would make a trip down the highway, but I dont want to bother if the viz is crap from Lake O dumping.
I heard vis has been fluctuating from crap to 25ft. Unfortunately, it can differ from one high tide to the next and it's hard to predict.

Vis still looked good today a few hours AFTER high tide, just a bit south of BHB

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0750 for a 0923 high tide. The park was not crowded, air temp was 56f according to the console in my truck. Suited up and entered the west side at 0820. Sea temp was 72f, with visibility 15ft-20ft, blue but hazy. Did a REEF survey of 43 species in sixty minutes.

So there I was looking for Dwarf Frogfish in a Bryozoan Patch and not finding any Dwarf Frogfish. When along comes an Octopus Helper Buddy entering the Bryozoan Patch. (continued below)
02-26-24 Octopus012.JPG

Octopus Helper Buddy observing that I am not able to find Dwarf Frogfish on my own, decides to assist me in the endeavor and promptly flushes a large Dwarf Frogfish out of the Bryozoan Patch. (continued below)
02-26-24 Dwarf Frogfish1.JPG

Octopus Helper Buddy not satisfied with just one large Dwarf Frogfish searches for another smaller Dwarf Frogfish. (continued below)

02-26-24 Octopus1.JPG

In less than thirty seconds Octopus Helper Buddy flushes a second smaller Dwarf Frogfish out of the Bryozoan Patch. (continued below)

02-26-24 Dwarf Frog.JPG

While the whole getting assistance from an Octopus with finding Dwarf Frogfish to photograph was nothing less than delightful, the next image (though not well lit) was equally so. (continued below)

02-26-24 Double Crested Cormorant.JPG

On lucky occasions we get to see birds swimming underwater. Usually Double Crested Cormorants like the one above. However, it usually happens faster than my reaction time. This one did a close swim by and I thought well there goes another missed opportunity. But, looking up I noticed she was hunting in the same area. I set up in a likely spot and was able to capture the beginning of her dive. Another interesting day at BHB.

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0750 for a 0923 high tide. The park was not crowded, air temp was 56f according to the console in my truck. Suited up and entered the west side at 0820. Sea temp was 72f, with visibility 15ft-20ft, blue but hazy. Did a REEF survey of 43 species in sixty minutes.

So there I was looking for Dwarf Frogfish in a Bryozoan Patch and not finding any Dwarf Frogfish. When along comes an Octopus Helper Buddy entering the Bryozoan Patch. (continued below)
View attachment 828965
Octopus Helper Buddy observing that I am not able to find Dwarf Frogfish on my own, decides to assist me in the endeavor and promptly flushes a large Dwarf Frogfish out of the Bryozoan Patch. (continued below)
View attachment 828966

Octopus Helper Buddy not satisfied with just one large Dwarf Frogfish searches for another smaller Dwarf Frogfish. (continued below)

View attachment 828967
In less than thirty seconds Octopus Helper Buddy flushes a second smaller Dwarf Frogfish out of the Bryozoan Patch. (continued below)

View attachment 828968

While the whole getting assistance from an Octopus with finding Dwarf Frogfish to photograph was nothing less than delightful, the next image (though not well lit) was equally so. (continued below)

View attachment 828969

On lucky occasions we get to see birds swimming underwater. Usually Double Crested Cormorants like the one above. However, it usually happens faster than my reaction time. This one did a close swim by and I thought well there goes another missed opportunity. But, looking up I noticed she was hunting in the same area. I set up in a likely spot and was able to capture the beginning of her dive. Another interesting day at BHB.
The shot of the Comorant= super cool

Arrived at 0750 for a 0923 high tide.
I usually try to look for your truck when I'm arriving at the park (blue F150, right?) But at 7:40 for me, I probably just missed it. Great Octo helper picts !!

The only downside that occurred to me upon seeing that cormorant in the water was my initial thought that he would eat one or more of your “dive buddies” as you tried to get their picture! Of course it’s all part of the circle of life and birds gotta eat too! Good pictures as always, my friend.
🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom