Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy, is there really such a fierce competition of parking that one needs to be there that early? What do you do while waiting?

the fierce competition is with the locals mainly, and the kayakers, and the fishermen. I usually bring a book to read, and or talk to other divers. Since many get in the water an hour or more before high tide, and giving yourself a half hour to kit up, you're really only talking an hour and a half or so. It goes quickly.

If there are other divers I know... We shoot the chit, bust on each others pictures and find out who found what and where. It's a "loosely tight knit group" of regulars and this is where we meet. You will meet all the "regulars" and some of the semi-famous "trolls" on any given day.

Hook up with the right troll on a lucky day and you will see things that will amaze you! Hey, you will earn your own troll fame and be hooked for life... IJS :)

Anyway, arrived. Don't see that many divers. I have setup on the table to the right of the bridge near restrooms. Yellow gear, anyone wants to say hi?

Have a good dive. Wish I could be up there. Any plans I had hoped for getting up there were quickly squashed when my car wouldn't start this morning.

Three hours was cutting it close on a July Saturday to get good parking.

Do things slow down in the fall? I'm coming back for a Sunday dive in October. Will it be as busy then as it was in July? I know, YMMV for weather, but assume a nice day.

Three hours was cutting it close on a July Saturday to get good parking.

Do things slow down in the fall? I'm coming back for a Sunday dive in October. Will it be as busy then as it was in July? I know, YMMV for weather, but assume a nice day.

The water will still likely be warmish--usually is until around December. Probably not quite as busy on the beach, lots of classes though....So, on a weekend--go early!

Planning on diving Monday morning for the 10:47 high tide. I've only been to the bridge twice, once for a shore dive and once on my boat and both of those times were weekends. What is a reasonable time to arrive on a weekday not bringing the boat. I'm over two hours away and just trying to plan it out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom