Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know how the viz is on the snorkel trail when it's closer to low than high tide? I have some friends visiting later this week who would like to snorkel but the tides don't line up well while they are here. I've only ever dived around high tide and wonder if it's worth their time.

If there is anyplace to snorkel at other than high tide, the snorkel trail is the place. The way the water flows out, it doesn't get as much of the mix.

Dived today. Found dwarf froggies both Saturday and Sunday. When I got to the place today, the area had been torn apart. I had a couple natural markers about 8" apart from each other where one of the froggies was and included the general location of another. Today those objects were more than 2ft apart and same distance away from the area.

UGH.. People please be kind to the habitat.

Dived today. Found dwarf froggies both Saturday and Sunday. When I got to the place today, the area had been torn apart. I had a couple natural markers about 8" apart from each other where one of the froggies was and included the general location of another. Today those objects were more than 2ft apart and same distance away from the area.

UGH.. People please be kind to the habitat.
Its not always negligent divers. Southern Stingrays, Spotted Eagle Rays, and Manatees can do a pretty good job of tearing the place up as well. More then a few times I have had a big cloud of silt come my way, and my first thoughts are %#^$#%^jerk scuba diver with no buoyancy skills flutter kicking three inches off the bottom, and then out of the cloud comes swimming an Eagle Ray. And then I think, sorry my bad.

Yeah, I would agree with you.. mostly. If a stingray or similar, would the debris be dishelved or wiped clean?
Even the hermit crab was over a foot away. Yeah, I know they move.. but still..

Speaking of rays.. today I found the yellow/green pipefish and right near by was the little seahorse.. The current was pretty good (hour before HT) and tugging at my flag.. Then it slipped away. No big deal. Take a couple more shots of the seahorse aaaannndddd where is my flag? It's got a 2lb weight on it, I was expecting it to be a few feet away... but not.. so it cant be far. Except I didn't let out enough line and the current was whisking it north under the bridge. I surface swim over to it and there is a big ole spotted eagle ray. Dang! Camera on super macro, so no shots.. Got flag. swim back south to buddy was fun! Wow! Didn't realize how strong the current was when I was going north! LOL

I'm trying to find motivation to wake up early Saturday morning to dive the bridge. I'll likely be there for the Sunday night dive.

Had a great dive yesterday with Scuba_Jenny. Checked off some new critters at the bridge for me. My camera setting are off but that’s why I wanted to get a bridge day in before my spring trip.
68338324-DF33-4E93-9F43-63890B7AFD62.jpeg
B73819AD-6698-42BD-B2A2-1E07737C5A9C.jpeg
5E7C5F30-B265-4245-ABE3-71CFDF9DEEE9.jpeg
9E5C5574-E8EB-4586-9F52-53D05E98C265.jpeg
C8670E82-A590-4FC8-B349-45AFF107D0CF.jpeg
6800828A-6F43-45FF-8233-82FFBC04E934.jpeg
A650700A-7C86-49C4-9C98-CDE1747BC197.jpeg

What is the water temperature down below and at the surface; I need to do some swim training while I'm there?

Had a great dive yesterday with Scuba_Jenny. Checked off some new critters at the bridge for me. My camera setting are off but that’s why I wanted to get a bridge day in before my spring trip.
View attachment 769731View attachment 769732View attachment 769733View attachment 769734View attachment 769735View attachment 769736View attachment 769737
Pleasure diving with ya! We had a fantastic dive and found some cool critters! Always love diving with an experienced diver!
You're little seahorse photo came out better than what I got.. Dang flag tried to run away just as I started shooting..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom