Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Mom is Rustie Stuke. She was the Aquatic Director at the YWCA, and taught NAUI for many years. We were best friends with Frank and Sue, along with folks like Stan Waterman, and Alma Beck and Ron Rankin. Rustie was one of Stan's first female NAUI Instructors from Freeport. We did some of the first charters from Florida to Cayman and elsewhere with the Palm Beach Fin Divers and Orlando Otters, along with a handful of cancer jockeys from MD Anderson in Houston. We also ran a small charter to the Bahamas on a regular basis. I have been diving since I was 7, which was 1968. Frank used to laugh at my little 40's, but I always outlasted him..

FWC has a hotline. I have used it. They respond. I have it programmed in my cellphone. I encourage anyone concerned about violations to do the same, and use it.

From their website:

If you suspect a wildlife or boating law violation, report it to the FWC's Wildlife Alert Reward Program: 888-404-FWCC (3922).Cell phone users can reach us at *FWC or #FWC, depending on your service provider.

Fake fishie

For me the highlight and bridge caveat "always something new" was fulfilled by the discovery of a saddled stargazer!
Impossibly camouflaged it was sheer luck. Special thanks to Judy T who gave me an idea what it might be after the dive.
See him in the first picture plain as day right? About 2 inches long.:banana:
John

---------- Post added ----------

More pictures to come possibly even video some day.....

I'll hold my breath for the video. *And*, my Google search turned up yer "saddled stargazer", pictured below. I've seen those little stuffed animals in the dive shops. No such thing, of course.

Stargazer Saddle

stargazer_saddle.jpgKevin :D

My Mom is Rustie Stuke. She was the Aquatic Director at the YWCA, and taught NAUI for many years. We were best friends with Frank and Sue, along with folks like Stan Waterman, and Alma Beck and Ron Rankin. Rustie was one of Stan's first female NAUI Instructors from Freeport. We did some of the first charters from Florida to Cayman and elsewhere with the Palm Beach Fin Divers and Orlando Otters, along with a handful of cancer jockeys from MD Anderson in Houston. We also ran a small charter to the Bahamas on a regular basis. I have been diving since I was 7, which was 1968. Frank used to laugh at my little 40's, but I always outlasted him..
I enjoyed the chat.

Please give my best wishes to your folks.

I enjoyed the chat.

Please give my best wishes to your folks.

Will do old buddy. Remember Tim and Allen? they lived in the duplex next to us and south. They had some rocking parties along with Anne Rizzi, who owned that property. That was my first run in with garbage can punch..

Lol. You bet.

Names I haven't heard in years. That was when Pratt was going strong. Lot of fun.

We went yesterday--I'm happy to report a rising water temp.-- 80-82F, but kinda nasty viz on the west site of about 10-15 feet. The 82 was out front on the mirror wreck and the drop to 80 registered over by the bridge on the west side. Saw a little batfish, bumblebee shrimp, and a big southern ray--an average, very nice dive at BHB!! Going again today and hope the viz is better.

I had a nice zen dive yesterday. But it is definitely summer! There were far more families picnicking and kids in swim area than there were divers. When I first pulled into PFP I was worried I would not get front row parking.

The water was clear and blue - vis easily 30-40 ft. It got a little milky at the end, as always. Didn't check temp but I'm still in my 5mm full w 3mm vest.

I did NOT see any nefarious activity (nor any frog fish). I did see plenty of octopuses, a pike blenny and the usual.

Here is my favorite shot of the day.
6-113-1.jpg

I shared the video with Carmen Vaire of ERM, and he shared with the head of the Parks Dept....I think the Parks Dept will be shocked at the flagrant disregard exhibited by ReckDiver and the guy in the video ....

No flagrant disregard here, just the opposite. Since I find it not uncommon for you and others to provide misinformation, I just want to clear things up with a dose of accuracy.

Soap box time..... In fact, divers who don't have a valid Florida Fishing License or possess fishing gear, should take a moment and thank all those who do make such a purchase. Go to google and type in Wallop-Breaux Act or Dingell-Johnson Tax. You will see it those engaged in LEGAL sport fishing activities pay HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS annually in taxes, which go back to preserve the resource. I know of no such tax or fee of any kind, paid by divers to use the resource.

Ocean's waiting, the boats loaded....gotta run

-RD-

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom