Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got home from a whirlwind 24 hours in Key Largo to find my Mac dead. The weekend storms threw all electronics in the house out of whack - even the A/C. I fear I've lost all my photos from the past six years - I won't know for sure until I can hook up my supposed back-up external hard drive to the laptop tomorrow. As sad as I am about losing my dive photos it's losing Irmy's photos that will devastate me. (And those of you who know, know who I'm talking about) It was either the storms or the ghost of the former owner

In a supreme effort to re-find my chi, and in honor of Olympic synchronized swimming, here is a photo (stored elsewhere) from a few weeks back.

View attachment 132259

Sorry to hear of your possible photoloss. As you know, hard drives; except the solid state ones, have moving parts and will fail at some point. I recommend just keeping all the used memory cards, fill it up--buy a new one. It's a little funny seeing those 32 meg ones now(;>). We are looking forward to your KL report. btw, BHB viz was great Thursday and lousy Friday.......Is your mac bootable? Send me a pm with symptoms, etc- if you want..................

Pictures to follow:
John

Very busy weekend.
Ran into an old friend Jim Abernathy while he was guiding a group.
Great guy and blast to do trips with.
Saw some unusual critters but no clownfish, lol!
The "wall of eyeballs" picture are damsel fish eggs.....
John

John: what is the 6th picture (the fish with the big mouth and two yellow eyes?).

All of the shots are fantastic! I know a few others have shot pictures of the worm in the final picture, but that is about the clearest I've seen: very creepy looking!

Hi everyone. Well I did some more calling and got a few more things done and ready to go for October. The itinerary for the October Dive Party and Festivities has been figured out. I hope. lol It is as follows.
18th Everyone arrives in Key Largo and Site See,
19th Relaxation Day and go to Harry Harris Outlet. Dinner and sunset and music
20th is Dive/party at Blue Heron Bridge, West Palm, FL
21st Beach and site seeing22nd Dive Charter.... The Christ of Abyss and North Dry Rock Reef.
23rd Lauderdale by the Sea. ..... 2 dives.
24th Swim with the dolphins.

We want to see if we can fill a charter boat. It would be $50.38 per person. If you are interested in the charter boat dives, please let me know as soon as you can so we can get the boat reserved. Then if we want to change the one place we can. But if we do not fill it we should still let them know how many people will be going October 22nd. We meet at Ocean Divers at 12:30 pm and sail 1 pm. It is a 4.5 hour charter.

---------- Post Merged at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I am looking forward to meeting all of you in October. Have a wonderful day.

John: what is the 6th picture (the fish with the big mouth and two yellow eyes?).

All of the shots are fantastic! I know a few others have shot pictures of the worm in the final picture, but that is about the clearest I've seen: very creepy looking!

If I'm counting right number 6 is actually a box crab, there were so many around it was comical.
I was going to use the two shots as a before and after joke....

Picture 1: all shined up and going out on the town
Picture 2: the next morning

Attachments

• BHB-201208118392.jpg
    BHB-201208118392.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 80
  • BHB-201208118382.jpg
    BHB-201208118382.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 81
As my young (diver) daughter pointed out, the videographer did break many of the rules he's stressing to make the video.

[video=youtube_share;2oJODUOoWgc]http://youtu.be/2oJODUOoWgc?hd=1[/video]

I think what she was referring to was the videographer's technique of showing what you should not do....in the scope of what the audio track says, and the direction it is taking, I think this is what is going on...Like the pulling on the delicate coral, or the not kicking up the bottom....they wanted to show how this stuff can happen and why--then give alternatives.

Video from the August 3rd night dive with Pura Vida and Chris Parsons from Nauticam. I arrived at this one just in time..
[video=youtube;m0b-cvsm9U8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0b-cvsm9U8[/video]

Video from the August 3rd night dive with Pura Vida and Chris Parsons from Nauticam. I arrived at this one just in time..

It took a couple of looks at the first part of the video to see that it apparently wasn't the bandtail puffers he was after.

Did I see correctly that he had dug some pretty deep holes at a couple of his stopping places? Pretty cool video. :)

Kevin

It took a couple of looks at the first part of the video to see that it apparently wasn't the bandtail puffers he was after.

Did I see correctly that he had dug some pretty deep holes at a couple of his stopping places? Pretty cool video. :)

Kevin

I think he did catch the one puffer. He was also digging for other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom