Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I would not have recognized those shrimps as being shrimps. Pretty cool - especially the pink one.

Hearing the boat motors at the bridge is something I'll *never* get used to. They keep me constantly on edge. Even though I can tell when one is actually close, I'm almost always amazed at how far most of them are away when I do surface. Still oogs me out, though. And, my compass only "sort of" works. It's full of water and takes a while to come to a conclusion. I get so turned around that I'm inclined not to trust it, even when it turns out to be right. It just keeps on amazing me how easily I get turned around under water.

Hearing the boat motors at the bridge is something I'll *never* get used to. They keep me constantly on edge. Even though I can tell when one is actually close, I'm almost always amazed at how far most of them are away when I do surface. Still oogs me out, though. And, my compass only "sort of" works. It's full of water and takes a while to come to a conclusion. I get so turned around that I'm inclined not to trust it, even when it turns out to be right. It just keeps on amazing me how easily I get turned around under water.

...a trail of bread crumbs?

Thanks John & Kelly for liking the Trachycaris rugosa (aka Deb's funky shrimp because I keep forgetting the name). Kelly you got some good photos I esp like the color on this one.They are very sweet looking, love to pose & some are very colorful. Sadly I haven't found as many as last year but I have found other cool shrimps. We complain about the nudibranchs being small but the same can be said for many of the shrimps I am seeing.

PS Forgot to add great find on seeing another moustache jawfish at the bridge. Can't wait to see one myself

Last edited:
We went yesterday and saw a lot of stuff--including a seahorse and a big eel. 3 Pipefish, 4 calling birds, and a partridge in a palm tree. As in the usual diving stories--guaranteed 80% true!! I had 82 degrees on my Suunto, another had 81 on a Suunto, and whatshername also had 81. Viz in the 25 ft range to start--falling off to 12-15 ft as the green water intruded............Befor we got in---the water to the north of the fishing pier looked green while the water south of the beach looked blue.

IMG_3252.jpg

Yep, sorta matched the water color later in the dive!! Green. And, if ya'll or youse, (depending on what area of the country you grew up in)--like this one too--I can really run my popularity numbers up!:crafty::D

Looks like a goldentail or purple mouth.. probably purple mouth..

I *think* that's the right name..

---------- Post added July 16th, 2013 at 11:56 AM ----------

Yes, hopefully a boat prop!
eek.gif

After a few bouts of ear/chest pain from frequent surfacing to find my flag sherpa I starting looking at the ascent speed warning on my computer and even though I: "come up pretty slowly and don't hold my breath" it showed I was ascending far too fast for it's liking.
Vaguely remember something about gas expanding the most the last 15 feet but that can't apply.....

Kev- will answer all your questions and explain that whole compass thingee when you next visit, till then here are some more from Kelly (ps. don't hold your breath on that video, lol)
here are the two "Deb's funky shrimp" in pink and brown, can't find the recent green one's photo from that dive, not to worry lots of video of all three.......incredible
Last shot, face of that player band tail robin

Jenny- thanks, just imagine what I could find if you came with us :D:D:D

More photos from June, can it already be mid July????
Would LOVE to dive with you sometime..

I have seen purplemouth morays there, as well as green morays. Maybe it is a hybrid green purplemouth? :no:

Looking at diving thurs afternoon with a coworker and then again maybe sat or sun morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom