Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papacork, welcome! Looks like you had a really good dive! That second nudi looks awful familiar.. any idea what it is?

According to Humann's guide it seems to be a Gold-Fringed Nudibranch. I see you got a shot of him too. I was just swimming along and thought it was another bristle worm, but it looked different. I went down and was surprised at what I found. He's pretty cool. I got a bunch of images. I haven't taken the time to identify the other critters yet. By the way, no diopter - just a 60mm macro on a Rebel.

According to Humann's guide it seems to be a Gold-Fringed Nudibranch. I see you got a shot of him too. I was just swimming along and thought it was another bristle worm, but it looked different. I went down and was surprised at what I found. He's pretty cool. I got a bunch of images. I haven't taken the time to identify the other critters yet. By the way, no diopter - just a 60mm macro on a Rebel.
First one is a god lined nudi.. just got word on the second one, don't know common name but I got this from the seaslug forum (please don't tell me I need to join yet another forum.. sigh)
The Sea Slug Forum - Cerberilla sp. 7
[h=1]Cerberilla sp. 7[/h]Order:NUDIBRANCHIA
Suborder:AEOLIDINA
Family:Aeolidiidae

2 spot

Kevin,
Great find. This is the 4th documented one seen at BHB that I know about. They have probably been there forever but with so many octopus photos taken have probably been overlooked. It is a Caribbean Two-Spot Octopus: Octopus filosusi. This ID from the Humann/Deloach Reef Creature ID book. I have seen them but not yet at BHB.
Hope you had a good long weekend diving
Deb

Thank you! (Deb, right?) Just checked the Reef Creature ID book and then went back and looked and now see that the ring *is* blue (at least in some of his outfits). Cool. Here's a pic of part of him at what may be his home base.

IMG_4358dc.jpg

Jenny
Thanks, it was a fantastic dive.
I lost track of how many cool thing we saw.
Will post pics if we have time but are going again tonight so need to prioritize.
Don't tell Kevin about the micro orange frogfish, it will just make him crazy:D:D:D
John

Yes, the striated are covered in those tiny aphid - skeleton looking shrimp if you look closely.......

Grrrrr. I shoulda just hung out and waited and diven with you guys. Had a particularly crappy dive. Found almost *nothing* cool. Just glad Thursday and Friday were good dives. That drive home seems to be getting longer.

That's cute that you guys *also* found an orange froggie-shaped piece of sponge. :D How tiny *is* that thing? - and how in the world did you manage to find it????

Grrrrr. I shoulda just hung out and waited and diven with you guys. Had a particularly crappy dive. Found almost *nothing* cool. Just glad Thursday and Friday were good dives. That drive home seems to be getting longer.

That's cute that you guys *also* found an orange froggie-shaped piece of sponge. :D How tiny *is* that thing? - and how in the world did you manage to find it????
It's just a froggie-shaped piece of sponge.. :D It's the size of the nail bed on my forefinger. C'mon, you find nudis you can find one of these too! LOL

How's the viz (Monday) today? Planning on a dive tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

It's just a froggie-shaped piece of sponge.. :D It's the size of the nail bed on my forefinger. C'mon, you find nudis you can find one of these too! LOL

I *have* found some nudi's in the past, but those things are just way too small for me to spend time holding my neck cocked just so - so that my "reader" lenses line up with my eyes. *And*, way too much time is spent "looking for them" and way too little "finding" them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom